The Change

“Autumn wake up its time to go to school.” My mother shout from down stair.  I roll over to hear my alarm going off. It was only 6:30am and it was Friday. I shut my alarm off and sat up. My phone went off. I check it and it was from my best friend Winter.

Winter: Hey was their homework for Ms. April?

Me: Yea. Why?

Winter: What was it? I feel like I didn’t do it.

Me: Read the packet of King Arthur and answer the questions.

Winter: Crap ok thanks.

Me: Yup

I got out for bed when mom yells “I’m not going to say it again get up.”

“I’m up already.” I grapped a white sport bra, white tank top, my gray long sleeve shirt, pair of skinnies jeans and my boots. I took a shower and got change blow dry my hair and strained it. I heard mom yea for my little brother Alex to wake up. I did my make-up grab my grey beanie, my white button up jacket, and phone and headed down stair to the kitchen. My brother Alex came out and meet me in the hall. His black hair was mess up from sleeping.

“Hey sis have you seen my comb.” Alex rub his eyes.

“Nope sorry bro. Check the bathroom.” I patted his head and went down stair everyone but mom had black hair. Mom had brown hair. My baby sister Lilly had brown hair but we all think it will turn black when she gets older. I check my phone to see what time it is. 7 am and dad is reading the paper, mom making breakfast, and I get a text from Summer around this time. She make sure I’m up and going to school. Alex found his comb and is getting ready, I feed the baby and eat breakfast. Alex come down stair and start eating. Mom take over feeding Lilly and I’m still waiting for Summer to text me. Finally my phone went off and Summer texted me.

Summer: Hey you up and going to school?

Me: No, I think I’m going sleep in all day and forget about school. You and Winter have each other and you have a boyfriend. (I love messing with her.)

Summer: Ok see you later than.

She knows me too well. I put my and Alex dishes in the sink, told mom, dad, and Lilly that I love them and I will see them later, told Alex to grab his bag, and I grab mine and head out to the car. I drop Alex at his school and headed to the high school where Summer and Winter waited for me. It was the same thing every day. Nothing new, we meet up, walk pass the popular kids and we make fun of them, Summer meets up with her boyfriend, Justin, Winter walk with Ivan Justin best friend. Winter and Ivan flirt with each other. I once again was the odd one out. We had 20 minutes to spear like always so we walk and hang out until something different happen. A boy on a skate board ran into me. We both fell on the ground.

“I’m so sorry. Here let me help you up.” The skater boy said getting up and offer him hand to me. I took his hand and he pull me up.

“I’m sorry I didn’t see you there.” He kept apologizing to me.

“Your fine.” I check my phone to make sure it was not crake. Nope I was fine.

“I hope I didn’t break anything.”

“Nah your fine.” I smile at him.

“Okay I have to go I will see you later.”  He got back on his skate board and went off. Summer and Winter ran up to me and made sure I was ok.

“That was so rude of him.” Summer said brushing my back off

“He should watch where he is going.” Winter said

The bell rang and we headed to homeroom. Everyone was talking about the new boy. I look at my girls and they had no clue about this. I put my phone on silent and the bell rang I had math with the girls. We sat in the back. It was me at one table and Winter and Summer at the table in front of me. The bell rang 5 minutes ago and someone came into the class late. We all look up and saw the skater boy from this morning. He look over at me and I look down at my paper trying not to look at him back. Summer and Winter turn around to “work” with me.