✰My BuTtErFlY ✰

BONUS SID POV ON DEMAND ;)

Sid

What I was feeling now was absolute toxicity. Me being possessive was never an issue in my dating life. I had a broad mindset in general and I never felt the need to be insecure about my girlfriends' friends or her company. And since most of my ex-partners were from the industry, there was no room for jealousy when work calls for intimacy onscreen.

But here she was, a girl I know only for a few months and I was feeling so territorial about her, I just wanted to snatch her away and keep her to myself. Her giggles, her anecdotes, her mischief, it was all mine. 

Mine? Woh meri nahi hai, woh kisi k bhi nahi hai...

No matter what Shehnaz said, I know for a fact that no one can tie her down into any commitment, not even me. Himanshi is wrong, Sana did not love me, she was infatuating over me which will slowly diminish once we get back into the real world. It wasn't even a pint of what I felt around her. She was like a human cigarette, I just had to have a whiff of her, have her with me, beside me and even then there was this agitation that she would leave and when she does leave, there is this rancid feeling in the pit of my stomach that just demands that I drag her back to me and...And what?

 No one can keep a butterfly in the palm of their hand, it will flutter away in the blink of an eye when it wants to. Like Sana.

 I wondered if I was getting overly needy because of the simulation and the fact that there were only a few people to choose from.

If that was not the case, then Shehnaz was having the upper hand. She held a lot of power over me. The clink in my armour. I will never let her know how much she affects me, never ever. 

She should never know that she was messing with my head so much now that smiling had become a task. But I did smile. Quite a lot. I hung around Arti and Devo in the kitchen hoping to clear the fog in my mind.

Rashami was trying to open a jar of canned beans beside me.

"Yaha dey," I said and unscrewed the cap of the container, careful not to make contact with her fingers lest she suddenly screams, 'Dont touch me Sidharth!!!'

You never know with Rashami Desai.

The pot was brewing with some spices as Rashami was joking around with Arti and Devo.

I was simply standing there for the purpose of pulling out ingredients from the top shelves and helping them pop open bottles. 

I scooped some channa into my mouth, observing the still bedroom. Where was she?

"Abey yeh jal raha hai..." Paras spoke from nearby and I peered into the Kadai, and as he said, there was a dirty brown stain coating the bottom.

"Shit, shit,shit..." Rashami immediately switched off the stove and lowered the kadai down the basin while Devo assisted her in transferring the contents into another vessel. Great breakfast.

"Jaan buchke karti hai yeh...Rashami Desai.." Mahira giggled from behind the sofa, her legs resting on her brother's.

"Jaan buchke kyun karungi bey?"

"Kyunki aaj bartan ki duty meri hai na, issiliye...Ab isko ragad ragadke dhona padega.." She lamented.

Rashami rolled her eyes but made no comment.

I had no idea how Mahira was even going to do her share of bartan duty with her delicate hands. Despite the fact that Mahira's brother voted Shehnaz for the interim captain much to his sister's displeasure, Sana was definitely not going to give Paras or Mahira any easy duties.