Chapter 1

A gloomy, rainy day is one of shadows. They aren't obvious since they are all one, but they have come to shield us from the burning bright light of the sun.
perhaps it is the children that stomp in the puddles in raincoats that truly understand it's beauty when the phenomenon is still fresh and new.

Little did She know.

Bright  lights flickering and flashing, reporters and cameramen screaming. "Ellen!" Right here, "Ellen!"
And once you make your way down the long red carpet full of smiles, for this terrible soirée, you have to play nice to the nosy.

"So who are you wearing tonight." A brunette, cheerful, reporter asks.
"Well the dress is an Armani Privé gown." Ellen said praying this night would be over soon.
"Nice! Nice! And may I ask who is your lovely date." See This is where it comes to an end, Hollywood is very simple. No one cares about your success, they just want to know who your having sex with or so and so.

You see Ellen wanted to give her a not so friendly couple of words but the only thing she could say is, "ah no one tonight."

"Well it was lovely chatting with you Ellen Pompeo, I'm rooting for you out there." She presumed, referring to the room full of incompetent stars all hoping to win an Emmy tonight.

"Thank you." Ellen said all while looking back, running smack into the one and only Patrick Dempsey.

Life can change in an instant, it's the act of coping with what happens that really matters.

"Woah you okay.", he uttered as he wrapped his arm around her waist to steady her.

"I'm fine, a little tipsy, but fine." She rambled as she looked into his piercing blue eyes.
Ellen had watched a lot of his movies, he was a pretty good actor, but she would never tell him that.

Patrick looked into her green eyes, giving him the a vivid view of the beautiful landscapes, and green pastures where he would rather be.

He cleared his throat, "my daughter would freak, if she was here right now."
"Excuse me." Ellen said having know clue what he was leaning towards.

"Talula she loves your show, Greys anatomy." He asseverated, releasing his arm from around her waist.
"Oh right, I'm glad she likes the show."

They stand there, right in front of the door. Blocking the world out, their eyes locked.
"Excuse me" Anne Hathaway interrupted squeezing in between them trying to get through.

"It was nice talking to you" Ellen said sincerely, touch his hand.
"Yeah you too." Patrick mumbled trying to figure out what just happened.

Ellen small talked and chattered with unconscious minds, until she reached her seat. She made it to the third row and lifted the paper that read her name. The seat next to her caught her eye. The white paper read, "Patrick Dempsey."

A busy mind is a noisy, disordered, conflicted mind. It is possible to think hard, yet the mind seems to remain emptied of its contents. Perfect order, Ellen has one of those fucking shits and right now it was busier than ever and she had no clue why.

"So your stalking me now?" His buttery voice sent chills down her spine.
She looked up while adjusting the top of her dress, "I don't know about all that, you run into me on purpose now your standing in-front of me. Looks a little suspicious Dempsey."

He slightly laughed, "Pompeo you ran into me." He was going to continue but was interrupted by jimmy Fallon,
"Ok ladies and gentlemen, take your seats, so we can celebrate the amazing people here tonight."

"That includes you, I know I'm hot but like come on sit down. You can stare at me from your seat." Ellen said sarcastically, gesturing to the seat beside her.