Chapter 14

Two hours had passed and no one came to gave any news. Robert one minute was passing around the room, going crazy. Then he would sit down and repeating that she will be okay. The next again up thinking he has obligations towards Pruitt to go and say to him what's happening. Then again he would sit and repeat that going to Pruitt's room is a mistake and that he will go there after Andy is out of the woods.

Station was closed until morning so Ripley said to the team to be there if they wanted to stay together while waiting and he will call them as soon as she is out of surgery. Luke and Vic stayed by Robert's side.

Robert kept his head in his hand. All the flashbacks came to his mind. Their first day on shift. Their first near death experience. The way he was struggling to accept the fact that he was in love with her. He chuckled on the thought how they said that hospital is becoming their place.

All the night Andy spent in his embrace talking about random stuff. Laughing.

Oh, how he loved her laugh. Her smile can enlighten a room immediately.

She radiates with so much energy. Once again he started to think that he doesn't deserve happiness. That God is punishing him for something. First his parents, then his wife and when he finally found his true love again God is testing him.

It was almost dawn. Now 4 hours had passed.

Luke and Vic fell asleep and Robert was standing near the widow, looking outside. Lost. It was so quiet and peaceful that Robert could hear his thoughts.

Finally he could see Dr. Grey and Dr. Pierce reflections in the widow as they were walking towards him.

He was drenched in cold sweat. His heart was beating so fast.

Robert turned around and just stood there.

- Just tell me.

- She is stable. The surgery was a success. She is in ICU.

Luke and Vic heard the doctors and got up. Joining Robert.

- You can go and see her. We need to monitore her closely. She is not out of the woods yet but I'm optimistic. Dr. Pierce said

Robert felt some kind of relieve, still something inside of him was telling him this was far from over.

-Hey. He said entering the room. Whispering.

Andy's eyes were still closed. Probably she didn't hear him entering or speaking. He sat next to her bed, took her hand and placed a long kiss.

That probably wake her up.

- You look terrible. She murmured.

- Look who is saying it. He lightly chuckles, stroking her hand with his thumb.

You scared me to death. What were you thinking?

- I wasn't.

Her voice was quiet. She couldn't speak louder. Robert got up and sat next to her on the bed stroking her leg now. Giving her comfort.

- Does my father know?

- No, no we didn't tell him anything.

- Good. Keep it that way. She had a weak smile.

- You have to stop doing this. Your stubborness will kill you. What in the world was going trough your head so you ignore that alarm?

He was pissed because she wasn't careful. Still didn't want to sound like it.

- You. She spoke after a few minutes. Tear rolled down her face.

Robert took both of her hands in his, kissed them and looked deep into her eyes.