It Isn't That Easy Living With A Giant Rayquaza

While Zinnia and Artemis were planning to celebrate by buying ridiculous amounts of cheap chocolate and the latter, Artemis’ neighbour and rival, Brendan, insisted they hung out in the space centre. There was little to see, and Artemis was getting rather bored. Brendan was more or less terrified by the fact that there was a dragon breathing down his back, so no one really had fun. Artemis cut the venture short, and Brendan promised to meet her again tomorrow.

Zinnia squeezed through the small door, the frame groaning from the pressure. Zinnia and Artemis cringed, the bent frame looked as if it might snap. Zinnia managed to pull herself through without doing much damage, somehow. The cosy, warm house felt a lot smaller and more awkward with an equally awkward Rayquaza coiled up and taking up half of the room.

“Where are your parents? Shouldn’t they be, you know, making dinner?” Zinnia questioned, in a vain attempt to make conversation.

“They’re probably watching the meteor shower together or something… Sorry about how cramped it is.” Artemis replied. She plopped down on a rather cushy chair, and gave out a long yawn. “I’m exhausted, I think I’m gonna head to bed…”

Zinnia gave out a panicked squeak. “You’re not gonna make me sleep outside, are you?” She asked, her normally deep voice was rather ridiculous when in a higher pitch.

Artemis placed her hands on her hips and looked down, sighing. “I could try and lay down some sheets or something, but I can’t do much more, sorry.”

“That’s alright, I was more or less expecting to be sleeping on the roof…”

Artemis led the Rayquaza upstairs, trying to angle her tail so it wouldn’t break anything. Artemis cringed every time she heard something crack, fearing that it would snap. By the time Zinnia had pulled herself up, the stairs had a few nerve-racking cracks in them which Artemis would fear to walk on the next day.

A few sheets were laid on the ground for Zinnia to sleep in, and a rather puny blanket that would hardly cover her massive head. Artemis looked empathetic, although she couldn’t do much more to fix it. Artemis flopped on her bed – facedown, and crawled under the duvet. She shuffled on her side to face Zinnia, laying on the ground in a mass of sheets and a tiny blanket.

“Night?”

“Good night…”

Artemis was out like a light, while Zinnia struggled to sleep on the cold wooden floor. She didn’t want to move, though, as she feared that she might knock something precious off the shelf, like a bit of china placed precariously atop a bookcase. She lay her head to the ground, and shut her black eyes…

The next morning, the shimmering Hoenn sunlight was shining through a window, and into Zinnia’s eyes. She was woken by the sun, and found that her claws had overnight, dug into the sheets and shredded them. Zinnia lifted her torso, only to hit her head on the roof and tear the sheets more. The blanket had been discarded to the side and was untouched. The loud bump woke Artemis from her slumber, and she sat bolt-upright, and her head whipping around to the suddenly completely still Rayquaza, half-laying on the shredded sheets.

“Well, that explains that uncomfortable dream about Steven Stone last night.”

“What was that just no-“

“NOTHING.”

Artemis whined and rubbed her face on the duvet cover, before sliding out of bed and onto a swivel chair in front of a desktop computer. She hit the space bar aggressively, and rubbed her forehead.

“Do you have a thing for Steven?”

“A thing? For Steven? Why would I? He’s not my type at all.”