you want us to sing?

I'm sitting in a room with about 30 other girls. We're all going over the same lines. Everyone is nervous, I can feel the anxious energy in the room. I've been talking to a girl sitting next to me. She seems nice but a little intimidating. She tells me all about her life and how she's already had 14 minor roles on disney chanel. I've only ever had one big role before this. I'm starting to think I have no hope of getting this part.
"Theodora Cameron?" A woman with blonde hair calls from the door. She's holding a clipboard and searching around the room with her eyes. I stand up.
"That's me."
"Great, follow me."
I do as she says and follow her down the corridor to another room. When I enter I'm greeted by several people including the show runner, Tim Federle. Tim introduces me to everyone including, Joshua.
He smiles at me and winks. "Nice to see you again."
"You too!"
"Alright so if you just stand there next to Josh we'll get started!" Tim says.
I do what he says and we start saying our lines. I don't bother with my script and neither does Josh. I remember every word and I don't stutter once. Josh and I are bouncing off each other. We nail every line, everyone laughs at the jokes and I almost cry at the more emotional parts. This is going great.
We finish the scene and Josh gives me a hug. "That was really great!"
"Thank you! You were amazing."
"You both were." Tim says. "In fact......Theodora, Josh, would you mind singing?"
"You want us to sing? Like together? Right now?" I ask nervously.
"Yes, if you'd be up for that."
I turn to Josh.
"I'm ready if you are."
He grins at me.
"I'll get my guitar." He runs out of the room.
"We'll give you some time to prepare and come back when you're ready." Tim says and I follow Josh out of the room.

I see Josh standing in the corridor rubbing the back of his neck worriedly.
"Hey um Josh? Are you okay?"
"Oh hey yeah, well, actually...no. So my mom actually left to get lunch and she took the car and I left my guitar in there."
"Oh crap, well maybe there's like a piano or another guitar or something around here. Worst comes to worst we can always go acapella."
"WAIT!"
"What?!"
"I think one of the other girls had a guitar. Let me go see if she's still here." He takes off down the corridor towards the room with all the other girls.
I follow behind him at a walk, waiting for him to return.
The door opens again and Josh stumbles out holding a guitar triumphantly.
"Got it!"
"Let's go!"

We find a quiet place to practice and we try to decide on a song.
"The only song I can think of is Count on me by Bruno mars. Do you know it?"
"Uhh sort of? I'm not really sure but I can pick it up quick."
Josh plays it so I can get the tune of it and we spend about five minutes practicing before running back to the audition room to perform.

We sing it perfectly, nailing every harmony and surprisingly remembering all the lyrics. We were both looking at each other almost the entire time. I couldn't stop staring at Josh and his perfect smile.

"That was amazing you guys!" Tim says when we're finished

"That was amazing you guys!" Tim says when we're finished. "Thank you so much for doing that so quickly, I know it was a little out of the blue."
"I was fun!" I say and smile at Josh.
"Yeah it was." He smiles back at me.
Tim talks though a few more details about confidentiality and when I'll hear if I got the part. When He's finished I thank them all for there time and leave. As soon as I leave the room I almost scream and start doing a little victory dance. That the best audition I've ever done. I start to head towards the door but I hear my name called.
"Hey Theodora! Wait up!" I turn and see Josh running towards me.
"Hey I just umm I was wondering if I could get your number? Maybe we could grab coffee sometime?"
"Oh.... sure. I'd like that."
I give him my number and he smiles and gives me a hug before running back to the audition room.