road trip

Josh came over the day after we kissed and we planned out our whole road trip. We are gonna take his car and he is gonna drive cause I don't have my license yet. It was a 10 hour drive but we decided that with all the stops we should probably do it over 2 days so we're gonna sleep in the back of the car. I bought some LED lights and loads of pillows and blankets to make it comfortable. Josh's car is pretty big so it won't be too uncomfortable. We marked out on a map where all our stops were. We both packed pretty lightly cause my parents are gonna bring the rest our bags when they come to Utah in two weeks.

We leave today. We're starting early so we can get a few hours driving in before the traffic gets bad.
I wake up at 6am and get ready. Josh arrives at 6:30. It's still pretty dark outside.
We packed the car yesterday so we're ready to go.
I run down the driveway to meet him. He hugs me and looks down at me. His eyes linger on my lips and we start to lean in.
"You can't leave without saying goodbye!" I turn and see my mom walking towards us.
"Never." I give her a hug and then hug my dad who followed her out.
Joshua shakes my dads hand and tries to shake my moms but she pulls him into a hug.
"Have fun you two!" My mom says.
"Not too much fun." My dad adds.
"Bye guys!" I say and we both get in the car. They wave at us as we drive away, until we can't see them anymore.

"Utah here we come." I say. Josh smiles and places his hand on mine while steering with the other. He looks so cute.

24,679 likestheodora

24,679 likes
theodora.cameron: early start, Utah doesn't know what's coming ;)

kiemaybank: babies 🥺❤️
    |
theodora.cameron: 😘😘😘

sofiawylie: so exciteddddd
    |
theodora.cameron: me tooooo

winonatheking: when he steals your wife 🙄😡
|
theodora.cameron: Noooooo I will always be your wife baby we're for life

timfederle: 👀❤️🤍❤️😻
   |
theodora.cameron: See you soon!

joshuatbassett: Why does my thumb look so big?
     |
theodora.cameron: Coz your hands are just big man
     |
joshuatbassett: no I think your hands are just tiny and they're making mine look big.
    |
theodora.cameron: shut up 🥺 you're supposed to be paying for the gas and getting snacks. I don't see my snacks 😠
     |
joshuatbassett: yeah yeah I'm coming your highness 🙄

user1: they're so cute omgggg

user2: my otp

user3: omg they're road tripping to Utah for filming that's so sweet 🥺🥺🥺🥺

user4: I'm living for these comments

user5: I can't wait to see them on screen together

joshuatbasset: Had to stop for the view.

theodora.cameron: 🥰🥰🥰 my hair looks greasy af
    |
joshuatbassett: You know I'm a sucker for greasy hair.

jamiebooker: whore
|
joshuatbassett: yes, yes you are. Now leave theo alone and stop trolling her 🖕
|
kiemaybank: @jamiebooker how fucking dare you? get tf out of here u fucking cheating asshole
|
winonatheking:@jamiebooker you absolute mother fucking piece of phlegm you are the most disgusting human to grace this planet
|
user1: hoooooo kiara, winona and josh really just popped off

user2: wait so james cheated on theo???? who tf would cheat on her? she's literally the definition of perfection.
|
kiemaybank: precisely

"Hey, you okay?" Josh asks me from across the table. We stopped for dinner at a diner before we find a spot to park and sleep. We've driven about 3/4 of the way. We should be in Utah by early tomorrow.
"Yeah, I'm fine." I lie. I'm not fine. What James said on Josh's instagram really got to me. I thought he was done with me but he just won't give up. And now he's trolling me on Joshua's page too?! I can't deal with him right now.

"You know it's okay if you're not. What he said is really disgusting and hurtful. If I ever see him I'm gonna punch is stupid face in."
"I guess it kinda shook me up a little bit it's nothing I'm not used to."
"I can't believe he would call you that."
"He's called me worse."
"I'm gonna kill him. You know it's not true, none of it."
"Yeah..."
"Theodora Cameron you are the most beautiful, kind, funny and amazing girl I have ever met. You don't deserve any of the shit he did to you."
He's looking directly into my eyes. It's like he can see straight into my soul.
"Thanks Josh." I give him a weak smile. It's all I can muster.
"Hey, I know what'll cheer you up."
"Oh yeah?"
"You finish up while I go pay and then I'll take you."
"Okay." I say. I'm intrigued now. I wonder what he's got up his sleeve.

Josh walks over to the counter and pays before coming back over to our table.
"Ready?"
"Yup!"
"Alrighty then let's go!"
"Where exactly are we going?"
"You'll see."

We get back in the car and Josh starts driving. We continue on our planned route but after about 20 minutes driving Josh takes a wrong turn.
"Hey uh Josh you took a wrong turn, can you turn around?"
"Nope."
"What?"
"I didn't take a wrong turn."
"Yeah you did you were supposed to keep going straight and then take a right turn not this left one."
"Just wait and see, I know where I'm going."
"But-"
"Wait and see."
"Ughhh." I huff and sit back in my seat with a pout on my face.
"Cheer up grumpy face." Josh laughs, "It's gonna be fun, I promise."
"Hmmmm."
"Trust me."
"Okay...I trust you."
We keep driving for a couple more miles until we get to a lake. Josh pulls over and parks the car.
"We're here!"
"A lake?"
"Not just any lake. My favourite lake in the whole country."
"Really? Why?"
"Cause you're here."
"You've never been here before?"
"Once, I came here with my grandpa once when I was 8."
"Aww that's sweet."
"Ya but it was never really special until now."
"Awww joshyyy"
"You know you're the only person who calls me that?"
"Really? I can stop if you want"
"No it's sweet I just feel bad I don't have a fun nickname for you."
"You'll think of something." I smile at him.
"So, you up for a swim?"
"What?! Josh it's freezing."
"Not once you're in."
"Yes once we're in. We'll get hypothermia and die."
"Come onnnn-"
"I'm not being responsible for Tim having to recast Ricky."
"Ugh fineeee. Do you feel any better?"
"Yeah, definitely."
"I'm glad. We should probably head back to the car if you're ready."
"Okay...maybe just a few more minutes?"
"Sure!"

We sat down on the edge of the little boat dock and watched as the sun started to sink behind the trees. The sky lit up in a myriad of hues: pinks, oranges, golds and purples filled the sky.
"It's beautiful." I said quietly.
"Yeah it really is."
I looked at him and he looked beautiful. His hair was lit up by the sun and his skin was glowing. I turned back to look ahead and leant my head on his shoulder. He put an arm around my back and let me lean on his chest.

We stayed at the lake until the sun was gone and then made our way back to the car where we got ready to sleep.
It was pretty close quarters in the back of the car but we didn't really mind. I snuggled into Josh and he held me close, gently rubbing his hand up and down the length of my body to comfort me.
"Goodnight Theo."
"Night night Joshy."