The boy with the guitar

My name is Theodora Cameron. I'm 16 years old. I grew up in New York but I moved to L.A with my family when I was 13 to pursue a career in acting.
I've always adored the theatre. I've been singing for as long as I can remember. My mom started sending me to drama classes when I was four. I learned to act, sing and dance. I fell in love with it.
So that's why today I'm on my way to an audition for a new disney series. They're remaking High School Musical, well.... it's not really a remake. It's hard to explain but I'm really excited! I love High School Musical and playing Gabriella was my dream growing up!

I'm really early for the audition so I try to find some empty space to practice my lines. I walk up a few flights of stairs until I find what seems to be an empty corridor. I pull out my script and turn to the page where my lines start.

Suddenly I hear the sound of plucking guitar strings.  I walk a little further down the corridor to try and find the source of the guitar. I hear this beautiful voice start singing. Then I see him, a curly-haired boy sitting on a window ledge playing guitar and singing.

He's so completely lost in the music he doesn't notice me standing there

He's so completely lost in the music he doesn't notice me standing there. I don't recognise the song in fact I think he might have written it. He seems so connected to every lyric, every note. I'm entranced just watching him.

He finishes the song and let's out a deep breath. He opens his eyes and sees me standing there just staring at him. He looks a little startled.
"Uhhh... Hi?" He looks at me questioningly.
"Hey! I umm I was just uh coming here t-to practice and I heard you playing. You're amazing by the way. Did you write that song yourself coz it's so beautiful and I'm sort of a songwriter myself but that was so good and I don't think I could ever write like that and your voice is amazing too-"
"Woah slow down there."
"Crap I'm sorry I'm just kinda nervous. I have an audition here soon. "
"Oh are you here for High School Musical: The musical: The Series?"
"Yeah! Are you auditioning too?"
"Sort of, I've actually already been casted. I'm here for chemistry reading and that sort of thing."
"Oh wow that's awesome! Congratulations."
"Aw shucks thank you, it's kinda crazy but I'm super excited. High School Musical was actually the first musical I was in when I was 8."
"Really? That's such a crazy coincidence."
"Yeah it's sort of a weird full circle moment for me."
"Who did you play?"
"When I was 8?"
"Yeah."
"Oh, well... I was um J.V jock number 2."
I accidentally let a laugh slip out.
"Yeah I know it's not exactly Troy Bolton. I think I was in about a scene and a half." He laughs and looks right into my eyes. He's super handsome but in like a cute, soft, understated sort of way. He's not trying to show off he's just naturally cute. He's got these beautiful brown eyes and curly brown hair. He's really tall, like at least half a foot taller than me.
"So uh I better go. I've gotta be downstairs in a couple minutes" he says, "but I'll see you later yeah?"
"Yeah for sure."
"Oh hey I never caught your name"
"Theodora, Theodora Cameron."
"Well, Theodora Cameron, I'm Joshua. I'll see ya!"
With that he jogs down the hall. He glances back at me right before he turns the corner and smiles. It's a quick smile but it makes me grin like a 12 year old who's just been asked out by her celebrity crush. What the hell is wrong with me?