Prophesy's Misery

S8, E6: Prophesy's Misery

In Pinocchio's/August's Workshop...

Henry, August, Emma, Killian, and Regina came to August's shop to, 1. see how he was doing and, 2. to discuss the storybook and Henry's writings.

August explained that Wilbur was being worrying since he doesn't come home much anymore, but he believes he'll be okay, since he had many friends now. Regina told August about the storybook and if it can tell about the new Dark One's beginnings.

Thinking about this, August said, "Yes it can, but we don't know when Henry will write them, since he literally writes them in his sleep."

Suddenly, Killian had an idea, "Sleep! The Dark One doesn't sleep, so he might do horrible acts during the night. If Henry can be able to focus on the people that are up during the whole night, it might narrow the search."

Regina interrupted, "Yes, but we also need Hope to tell her if their was anyone she met that felt suspicious. If it's someone close to her, then we need her. Then again, she did take the mysterious trip somewhere with Alice and some drunk friend named Asher. She calls him Finnian."

"Okay, this is plan we could deal with. It's not foolproof, since Hope might not have seen any suspicion and Henry availability to do...that. But okay," Emma told her opinion.

They left the shop, each saying goodbye. Before letting Emma leave, August told her something secretly.

"Emma, Will has been worrying me since Rumple's appearance. I think he knows something about the prophesy or the Dark One. Can you ask Hope if she can find Will and talk about it? Considering..."

"...they are true love.." Emma finished. For some reason, she had a feeling that Hope and Will wouldn't be. Then again, it could be her own feelings on the situation. But she'll do so anyway. Emma and Killian needed to save their daughter from this.

Darkness.

Hope's room...

The only thing keeping Hope away from thinking about the prophesy or anything connected to it was the storybook. It was the only thing she had that kept her from freaking out. She didn't even know why she even was, in fact, freaking. Everything that she had, all the pieces of her life that never change had, indeed, changed. And she hated it.

Suddenly, the door of her sacred place opened and she saw her father's face. Killian's looks never changed, obviously for the over 300 year old. However, he still had smile lines since he became a father that complicated his electric blue eyes, the one thing Hope didn't inherit from him.

"Hope, I need to talk to you. About the.." Killian stopped talking. As much the prophesy pained Hope, Killian's pain was double. He had endured it for 16 years, thinking that someday that they can just settle, forgetting anything bad ever happened.

"Yeah Papa. Sit down." Hope motioned for him to sit on her bed.

"Um...Hope, during your journey to...wherever and the trip to the woods, did you see anyone acting suspicious?" Killian gave her a look, trying to capture any sense of emotion.

Hope knew she had to tell him, as her father knew how much those keen eyes kept tabs on everyone she knew, either to use the information to help them, hurt them, or others.

"Will. He was acting unusual. He kept hiding some kind of knife. He was at the woods too," Hope said. She didn't say the other suspicions of affection toward her, or she had to tell about Finnian too. And that will lead about the prophesy.

"Okay... August was saying how he doesn't come home as much since Rumple..." Killian shared all the information he had learned from August and Emma.

"So..." Hope turned to Killian. "Will might be the Dark One? It makes sense, without August and my evidence."

Killian peered at her intently, "Are you okay about it?" Hope shrugged.

"As long as everyone is safe and okay...but that means Will isn't..."

Killian hugged her daughter. He won't tell her it was going to be okay, because he knew it might not. Considering that Will was her true love and the Dark One. And he might lead her into the darkness.

He won't tell her about the prophesy saying the true love either. She might get hurt.

But Killian, one of the only four people that know her best, didn't even know that she knew that he knew he wouldn't tell her.

And that she knew what he kept from her.

At a village near the sea...

It was nighttime, and the sea looked calming to one Finnian, who didn't feel like sleeping since they returned to Rumple's castle.

There was something odd about that crocodile. It was like he had knew him, but his memories were wiped away.

But why would he seek for Rumple, Finn thought, who was someone filled with misery?

All he knows is that ever since Hope had met him at her dandelion garden, his mind kept hearing screams of a girl, or a woman, He didn't know who it was, but she sounded familiar, like someone he loved.

But then it would mean the person screaming was...

No, how can it?, he thought. Finn had never heard her scream. She was always so content, until now.

"Yes, until now. And you might save her from it."

Finnian turned around from his stance near the sea and saw the goddamn crocodile.

"Why are you here?" he asked angrily.

Rumple giggled (what is up with the giggling?, Finn thought.) and stepped toward Finn, "Your love, she is in trouble. You don't know who she is. Just help her, whoever you think she is, from her misery, her insanity."

"Insanity?" Finn asked, "She is going insane?"

"Darkness is her potential. The dark thoughts of potential are corrupting her brain. She is fighting, yes, from the dark thoughts about her family's fate. But as she grows nearer to the Dark One, she might lose herself to the darkness, and become the Darkness' Hope. You, you must save her. She gave you hope, and you must give it back to her."

With a dark look, Rumple disappeared. Finnian looked astounded, the screams in his head growing a bit louder. Hopefully, he wouldn't come to the point of insanity too.

He looked up at the dark moon, playing peekaboo with the clouds. And the sea, making a mirror for the sky and its possibilities it holds. Oh the world, what did it do to him.

Finnian walked away, his hands clutched into fists to keep from shaking, his eyes set with determination to hear what the girl is trying to say in his head. He need to save her.

But why?, Finnian thought. Why would the prophesy pick him to help her from the misery?

Ah, he didn't even realize that helping her might help himself in the best way.

To escape the prophesy's misery that bestowed on him.