Prologue

The fiery sun shined as a mottled tortoiseshell tom snuck around the forest. Where he had been was left a mystery for a longing of years. But he knew his revenge would come soon enough. He had gathered rouges of all over the land and built a clan known as SunClan. 

"Veteran, where are Player and Captain. They should be back with the prey." The tortoiseshell tom asked a yellow tom, the deputy of SunClan. 

"I'm still not sure, Sol. What if they ran away," Veteran replied. Sol growled and stalked away. He noticed two cats, one white, one reddish-brown walk over holding a cat on both of their backs. 

"You have come with the prey," Sol meowed, "Perfect." 

Player nodded and threw the cat off his back. It landed with a thud. It stood up immediately and tried to run away, but guards surrounded it. 

"We meet again, Lionblaze. Why did you run away from us the first time?" Sol was interrupted by an almost black tom with dark green paws come over, holding a blue-gray she-cat in his jaws. 

  "Have you gotten Mistystar, Stoner?" Sol asked. "Yes I have, and I got to kill Harestar while I was at it. He caught me while he was on patrol when I captured Mistystar, but I managed to kick him into a ravine where he lost the rest of his lives." Sol smiled in response. "Now can I get my catmint." Stoner meowed. 

Lionblaze saw Veteran and his kit Golden walk over. He saw Golden frown at the sight of him. Golden was walking with her brother, Red, and one of her friends Stealth. Then Sol raised his voice. 

"Cats of SunClan, it is now time for me to kill Lionblaze. Mistystar had decided she would join the clan as her new name Mist, the word 'star' is not allowed, as you all know. " Sol heard Lionblaze call out, "But you didn't even let me choose!" 

Sol looked up in the sky, the sun had perfectly aligned with the surrounding trees. He only has a single minute to finish Lionblaze. "And now, with the powers of the sun, I hereby control the way of the stars as I will now send Lionblaze to The Place Of No Stars!" 

Lionblaze yelled "No!" Before Veteran sprung on him, with the help of Ninja. The orange tabby growled and clawed Veteran. He bucked Ninja out of the way and he took a run for it. Running and running, Golden noticed that the tabby was getting away.

She too bolted toward him, jumping on his back clawing him with her tiny paws. "Get out of my way, runt!" Lionblaze growled, pushing her off his back. Golden then felt his claws slashing through one of her eyes. She fell back immediately wincing and bleeding out. 

She saw Veteran run past her and topple over Lionblaze. But then, her vision was all red, filled with blood.  

Veteran pounced on top of Lionblaze, not knowing that his kit was dying. Lionblaze let out a long, painful yowl and fell to the ground. Veteran had managed to break his back. Lionblaze lay there for a moment, blood started oozing from his sides. Veteran looked not a bit unhappy and took a final killing blow, slamming his paws on his neck, breaking that too. 

"That's what you get for trying to run away." Veteran growled. It had been just under a minute before the sun yet again, crossed over the trees just the tiniest bit. It needed to be exactly sunhigh for Sol to control StarClan. 

"It is done!" Sol yelled. "Lionblaze now walks in The Dark Forest."