Story Info

Hello! So this story is going to include a lot of heavy topics including kidnapping, betrayal, mental manipulation, psychological manipulation, Stockholm Syndrome, and major character death. That is why there is a mature rating on it, but I'd like reiterate that there will be no sex scenes in this. The relationship between Bakugou and Midoriya is extremely toxic and not meant to be romanticized nor sexualized.

Another thing is that this is going to be cross-posted on AO3 under the same username and the entire thing is going to be in third person. That being said here is some character info!

Bakugou Katsuki - 30, a world renowned psychologist with a doctorate and a PhD in Psychology. Owns "Atmospheric Pressure" (an inpatient/outpatient psychology/psychiatry center). Author of 3 books which used the tellings of his multiple patients.

Midoriya Izuku - 24, student at Masutafu Institute of Psychology (MIP), is about to graduate, and is an extreme fan of Dr. Bakugou's books and articles. Orphaned at the age of 10 due to unforeseen circumstances (will be explained later on in the book).

Kaminari Denki - 28, best friend of Midoriya Izuku, is also studying at MIP, best friends with Shinsou Hitoshi, Bakugou Katsuki, Ashido Mina, Kirishima Eijirou, and Sero Hanta as well.

Sero Hanta - 29, works at Atmospheric Pressure and at Beans over Flowers coffee shop, is acquaintances with Midoriya Izuku, has a PhD in Psychiatry, and is a part of operation "Stockholm".

Ashido Mina - 29, goes to school at MIP for her doctorate, currently has her PhD in Child Psychology, is acquaintances with Midoriya Izuku, works at Atmospheric Pressure, and is a part of operation "Stockholm".

Kirishima Eijirou - 30, works at Atmospheric Pressure and has his Doctorate and PhD in Child Psychiatry, has no ties to Midoriya Izuku, and is a part of operation "Stockholm".

Shinsou Hitoshi - 28, best friends with Kaminari Denki, has no ties to Midoriya Izuku or any of the other workers at Atmospheric Pressure, goes to school at MIP, has a close relationship with Kaminari Denki because of having the same major and the same classes.

No other characters will be included except for Aizawa, Toshinori, and Hizashi (but they come much later in the story.

That being said, I hope you enjoy reading "What Was Life Like Before You?"