Chapter 15: Imp (1)

All six of us sat patiently inside the club room waiting for Chaeyoung herself. Time hits five and the woman is still not at sight. Seulgi was texting with Joohyun. The three of us is playing a mobile game. Dahyun was scrolling through social media and Tzuyu reading a book.

"Did Pres said what time she'll come?" Dahyun asked borely.

"No but she asked me to gather you guys here. I don't know where she had gone but she cut classes this afternoon. I tried finding her but she's nowhere." I answered still fixed to the game they are playing. Jesus, I already finished my task but I'm still not sure who's the impostor. I have a hunch it's either Momo or Sana.

"By the way Jihyo has been asking for us to hang out." -Seulgi. Dahyun put down her gadget as well as Tzuyu. Finally it's voting time. I raised my head to give them my attention.

"Well it's been a while. I guess after this case?" Dahyun suggested. Seulgi nodded to it. Indeed it's been a while since we hang out. The student council is busy with some preparation for the upcoming sports week. Maybe it's one of the reason why she didn't even found out we are at the same club with the woman she warned us about.

"Seulgi-ah aren't you a member of the student council?" I asked.

"Yeah but I excused myself. Daniel said he can handle it." She shrugged.

"Your brother is quite dependable." I smiled. I'm glad Jihyo has someone like him.

"He is." I looked down again on my game but what I saw is my character floating outside the space. My jaw hanged as I turned to look at my two other friends. They have that evil smile on their faces. So it was them... damn I felt so betrayed. I got occupied by our conversation that I forgot to vote. They plotted against me framing me with the kill.

"That's not fair." I glared. They both laughed.

"Nothing is fair on this game Minari." Momo giggled.

"Still-" Just as I was about to argue but the door of the club room opened. Revealing a poker faced Chaeyoung. Well she's always been like that. She was holding a nice folded red envelope and a folder.

"Yoo Pres." Dahyun greeted.

"Hello there." She closed the door behind her and locked it. As if told to, everyone stopped what they are doing and sat close to the table. I don't know why but the atmosphere feels like it's so natural for us already. I mean we are basically new to this.

"So what's the catch?" Seulgi asked. Chaeyoung opened the folder and slides it to the table for us to see. Looking down at the pieces of papers, I noticed the word 'Imp'. This is a massacre case ten years ago.

"A massacre?" -Sana

"Yes, this is a case that happened ten years ago. One person single handedly annihilated a rich family." Chaeyoung started as she pulled the glass board at the center. So this was the new case.

"Last night an invitation was sent with a dead body." She started writing something on the board. A big word saying 'Imp'.

"So do we have a suspect?" -Dahyun.

"We do but do you know what is an Imp?" She asked.

"Imp? Impostor?" Momo answered. I almost cracked when she said that. It's because of that game. Sana even smiled.

"It could be." Chaeyoung considered.

"Imp is a little devil. Close to a goblin or in a size of a fairy." Tzuyu answered.