warmth, pleasant.

the empty sekai never knows the concept of warmth before, especially with miku residing almost barefoot--- and when the winter breeze blows in the real life, none of 25ji (except maybe mafuyu, for obvious reason) could withstand the cold.

tonight too, mafuyu visited, everything seemed to be the same for her except miku with another pair of stocking and a scarf long enough for two. mafuyu noticed, and asked her about it.

"who gave you those?"

"the others."

"i see."

"they said the sekai has been so cold already, they seem to be concerned."

"i see."

"does mafuyu ever feel cold at all?"

the question instilled a long pause and a curious headtilt from mafuyu. sure that the sekai is cold, but she couldn't even feel anything anymore, it's been a while since she can actually feel anything at all, even the archery club's floor feel less like anything equal to the sekai that her arrow never missed albeit with such cold.

"not really. i admit it is sure cold here but that's just a mere breeze for me."

mafuyu settled down, sitting on the floor before miku followed her. all of the sudden miku wrapped the other end of the scarf onto mafuyu's neck, latching the single piece of cloth for the two of them.

"miku?"

"everyone said if you get too much cold you'll get sick. i don't know if i could ever be, but i'm more concerned about mafuyu."

concern.

miku's concern is the only thing that could melt her freezing heart, and momentarily she could feel her cheeks warmed. mafuyu gently leaning onto miku's shoulder, even her hand searching for miku's to hold.. it's cold, indeed. cold to the touch. but being with miku makes her warmer and that's fine with mafuyu.

"thank you, miku. if you don't mind, i wanted to stay here a bit longer with you."

miku allowed so with a small nod, they spent a peaceful, quiet times with nothing but hums and hands attached to each other, until they fall asleep on each other's shoulders.