Chapter Three

{Jordan}

Today was a new day... I wasn't going to sulk in a corner of my studio apartment, and I wasn't going to mentally decapitate Jordan as I paced around angrily.  

Today, I was going to literally decapitate Jordan, then pace around angrily.  I wish.  

I took a deep breath before looking up at a big, brightly colored sign.  "Sean's Squiffy Saloon," towered over every other small, modest sign on the block.  Everybody said this was the place to be, work and shop when in Florence, Oregon... but to me it just looked like an exaggerated bar that belonged in some angsty teenage movie.  

Walking into the building, I expected a bar.  I expected tables.  I expected dim lighting.  Which is what I got, but that wasn't all.  The bar was in the center, a few tables scattered around it.  To the right of the bar were a row of four pool tables and a few designated areas to play darts.  To the left was basically a small surf shop; bathing suits and boogie boards were hung up the wall, and a small cash register was nestled in a corner.  

What was this place?  Did you shop in the morning and come back for a drink at night?  

"Can I help you?"

I faced a man who stood tall, a welcoming smile printed on his face. "Uh, yeah.  I'm Luna, I'm here to apply for the job you've been advertising?"

"Right, the bartending position?"

"Yes sir!"

He turned, gesturing for me to follow him. "First off, if you ever want a job here, you will not say 'yes sir' to me again.  Ever.  Got it?"

I blinked a few times, opening my mouth to respond but nothing came out.  He looked towards me and grinned cheekily. "I'm kidding.  I'm the owner Sean."

Sean's hair was a clean, silky blonde with streaks of brown randomly scattered throughout.  His eyes were a striking blue, and his skin was a lovely olive color.  From the looks of it, this man had no faults...

"Do you have the form?" he asked as we entered a small office.  The only thing in the room was a desk, a laptop, and a chair squeezed by the desk.

Nodding, I handed him the form and took a seat at his desk, watching his eyes scan over the form carefully.  
"Good... good.  You have plenty of experience as a waitress, and you're of age... How are you with people?" He asked, setting the form down on the desk and looked at me.

Horrible.  I could barely muster up the words to say I was applying for the job. "Just fine.  I love people."

"Well then, Luna, I think you'd fit in just fine here.  Let me introduce you to your coworkers and manager."

Following him into the back, I found shelves full of boxes labeled 'merch' and 'bottles'.  In a corner was an old couch, where two other employes were talking amongst themselves.  One of them was a tall, skinny girl with long brown hair and light angel-kisses sprinkled across her nose.  

"This is Cecile, she manages the retail department.  She also helps me with the math that I don't know how to do."

"Even after all of these years..." I heard her mumble and smirk slightly.  "He's owned this shop ever since his dad gave him the money for it.  I'm convinced he'll never learn how to do anything related to math.  You are?"

"Luna."

My gaze moved to the man that was sitting by her, who stiffened at the sound of my name.  No wonder why, I, too, stiffened at the sight of him.

"And this is your manager, Jordan."  

His stare moved to me after a moment and shook his head.  In unison, we both groaned, "You've got to be kidding me..."  

"Is there a problem?" Sean asked, raising a brow towards me, then to Jordan.

"No...  Everything is just fine." Jordan answered quickly, tearing his gaze away from mine.

Just great... I had to take orders from this guy now?  I had to see this guy every night?  Why did Oregon hate me so much?