Chapter Six

{Juliet}

Stepping off the bus, I took a minute to admire the starry night. The moon was full, and for once, it didn't look like it was going to storm. The sand cushioned my feet as I walked along the beach, slowly approaching the growing crowd. Catching sight of Mike, I approached him and gave a small smile.

"Hey, you made it!" he exclaimed and greeted me with a hug.

"Well, what else was I to do tonight?"

"Be lame, isn't that your speciality?"

Snarling playfully, I tapped my fingers against my shorts to the music that was playing. "When do you guys go on?"

"In just a few minutes, I need to go find Jordan... I'll see you after the show!"

Nodding towards him, I watched Mike disappear into the crowd in search for Jordan. I scanned the crowd and let out a long sigh, walking through the crowd slowly. Life was odd when you only recognized a handful of people, especially when you still didn't know them well enough to go and start a mindless conversation with them. Sometimes I wish I had more confidence, but then I realize I spent most of my time indoors. Confidence would just go to waste.

As I took a seat by the stage, I scrolled mindlessly through my phone before a soft voice distracted me, "You're Luna, right?"

Looking up, I spotted a beautiful brunette, her blue eyes shimmering in the moonlight. She resembled Mike, but lacked certain flaws he had. His large nose was replaced with her petite one, and his rosy lips were replaced by her pink, plump ones. It was eery.

"Hello," I responded and put my phone in my pocket, "Yeah, I'm Luna."

"Ah, Mike's told me so much about you!" she exclaimed as she took a seat by me. "I'm his younger sister."

Knew it! "Oh, that's nice!"

"Not really! I'm Juliet, by the way. I doubt he's said anything about me."

She was right about that. "Oh, no! He's mentioned you a handful of times."

Juliet looked at me in disbelief before looking around briefly, "How has Oregon been treating you?"

"Alright, for the most part."

"Meet any cool people yet? We have tons of those."

I chuckled softly and shook my head, "Your brother is really the only cool person I've met."

She turned to me, her jaw dropped to the floor, "We have got to change that! Come on!"

Before I could even respond, she had a hold on my hand and was dragging me through the crowd. She said hi to many, but didn't actually introduce me to anybody. She finally paused, "Where is he?"

"Who?"

"Only the sweetest guy you'll ever meet! He's there for a good laugh, too."

"Oh, he sounds interesting."

"There he is! Follow me," she giggled and ran through the crowd. Jesus, finding someone more excitable than Mike seemed impossible until his sister came into the picture. I eventually caught up to her, the man she was talking to had dark wavy hair, and broad, strong shoulders that were hidden underneath a sexy leather jacket. Only one person had such a nice looking back side.

"Luna, this is Jordan!"

I couldn't help but cackle as I reached her side, "This cannot be the sweetheart you were telling me about."

"Oh, it is! Jordan is the sweetest," she responded in a baby-like voice and pinched his cheeks. Despite his cringe at her action, his eyes turned to me confidently and smirked.