14. To Whom It May Concern

"There are times in life when people must know when not to let go. Balloons are designed to teach small children this."

— Terry Pratchett

Video clip: 002

Jennie's face filled up the camera's whole screen.

"Lili," Jennie whined with a pout. She was getting frustrated over how many times they had to do her introduction. "We've been doing this since.... the ice age... can we go do something else?"

"Alright, alright," Lisa replied. The camera zoomed out, showing the sick girl still sitting on her bed with arms crossed. "This is the last question, I promise. What are you good at?"

"Everything" her best friend buoyantly said as she gave a heavenly giggle akin to moving wind chimes on a summer breeze. "Except," she continued, "cooking or cleaning. I'm fairly clumsy and can't multitask that well. I love music but I can't sing in normal human decibels."

"Yeah, you sing pretty loud, like Banshee from Marvel" Lisa interjected with a laugh.

Jennie ignored her and continued, "I continuously lose things, and I can't tell the difference from left and right most of the times. Oh, and when I get angry, I tend to break things"

"You're like the love child of the Hulk and Banshee."

"Lili, they're both guys"

"Well you never know. Technology these days" Lisa countered. She laughed and the camera bobbed up and down in concurrent motion to her breaths.

Her best friend shook her head in retaliation to the girl's dorky remark. "As I was saying, Lili" Jennie voiced, "I'm pretty bad at all those things, but you're really good at them. I guess we make a great pair."

"Like Bonnie and Clyde. Han Solo and Chewbacca. Frodo and Sam. C-3P0 and R2D2. Shrek and Donkey."

"Yes," the sick girl replied with a smile that could be compared to a starlit sky, "just like them"

Not one of us is immune to loss. Everyone loses at least one thing precious to them. Lost promises and lost possibilities. Lost journeys and lost opportunities. Lost love and lost hope. Feelings we can never ever get back again.

Video clip: 003

The camera wobbled around, first staring at the ceiling, then the floor, and then the window that afforded an expansive view of the city of Busan. The video camera stayed like that, watching the city move, before swerving to left where Jennie still sat on the bed. Lisa's forehead crept into the camera's vision from the bottom right corner. It looked like she was checking for something. After a minute of shooting Lisa's forehead, the camera zoomed in closer. The tall girl stood up, gave a thumbs up to the camera, and headed to where Jennie sat.

The two girls were both in the view of the camera.

"Why is the camera on top of the flowerpot?" Jennie asked, staring in puzzlement to the video camera before shifting her attention back to her best friend.

"I was tired of holding it all the time, and besides, I want to get in the shot too" Lisa briefly explained as she turned around to grab two white cups. The girl handed one to Jennie and said, "I know I don't allow you to drink coffee because I said that you still have a lot of years to grow and coffee will just stunt it, but JUST for today I'll make an exception."

Lisa smiled before continuing, "Caramel Coffee, your favourite."

Jennie gave a nervous laugh as she scratched the back of her head. "Wha-whaaat? I swear I never had this in my life. Lili, I've been a good girl. If you said no coffee, then no-"