Survival Time

October 7 2024

Lily's pov

We gave each other a nervous glance and pushed the doors wide open and smelled that new school smell of the sweaty jocks coming from the locker room and cheerleaders who had on fancy purses and the shiniest smile we had a basketball team and of course the cheerleaders to cheer on them [I don't wanna get Involved In that crap] I looked over at Alex.

He was looking at one of the posters on the wall it said tryouts for the basketball team he seemed pretty interested in it but soon enough he turned back to me and smiled i couldn't resist that cute smile of his I managed to keep my face from turning into a red tomato that would have been embarrassing honestly I would want to die on the spot

I could see Alex was looking around that's when i realized we didn't know this building at all how were we gonna find the principal office for our schedules and how were we gonna find our classes I started to give Alex a nervous look he looked nervous to as we did not really know anyone here he tapped one of the random kids on the shoulder.

Hi my names Alex uh... were new here he gestured to us both and he said could you maybe show us where the principal office Is? Alex askes the kid nodded only then did I really notice what she looked like she had freckles on her face she had her blonde hair In a curly type style  and was wearing the crimson red uniform and she had on red Timberlake's. 

Hello Alex!  my name is Haley and sure she showed us the way to the principal office also if you have any questions ask me I think we could be friends if you want said Haley sure I would love to be your friend I said she seemed really nice after all me and Alex walked in the principal was shuffling through papers she seemed pretty tense.

She only actually noticed us once we closed the door hello um you are she said as she pointed the pen in her hair at both of us blowing a strand of hair out of her face well my name is Alex and this is lily Alex said pointing to me hello I said ok well um she shuffled through her desk and opened some files oh ok lily and Alex the new students.

Well first of all welcome to Chicago and also our school Diavolo Private high she said gesturing with her hands thank you i said enthusiastically Alex stepped up from behind me i had not even [He's been standing there the whole time!?] well we are here for our schedules he said oh right she looked on her desk ah here you go now you be on your way to class now it starts in about.

She checked her phone well 3 minutes so out you go she seemed young to be in her late 20s we rushed back into the hall and everybody was walking a bunch of different ways presumably trying to hurry to class i checked my schedule looks like we had math class right about now my homeroom was 308 I told Alex which is yours same one he said happily.

I was happy about that we had never ever been in a different class i don't know why but every class i had was always with Alex and other friends not that i didn't enjoy it i just would have been shocked if we weren't cause well it would be a first after all i was gonna tell Alex something but the bell rang and we rushed looking at all the classes.

Cause truly all we knew was that it was on the 3rd floor and on the way we coincidentally ran into Haley we all fell down watch where you- i was saying but then I opened my eyes to see it was Haley sorry about that- oh hey did you get your schedules yet said Haley yea said Alex were having a problem finding math her eyes lit up at that.

we have the same class! she said In excitement Alex get's off the floor helping me up I look down and see that Haley had dropped all the books she had In hand I reach out my hand to her she takes It with a questioning look and me and Alex start picking up her books for her do you guys wanna come to class with me? she said taking her books out of our hands.

Yea that would be cool Alex said rubbing the back of his neck.

It was our first day not a good impression the whole class was staring at me and Alex and i breathed in a heavy sigh well this is when it gets real this is class and were the new kids I'm not used  to that interested look about who we are Alex sighed well looks like this is gonna be a very long 8th grade year lets hope it a good one he muttered .

Little did i know this school year was just gonna be a lot of trouble you know what they say when you go to middle school your almost on your way to college and then adulthood middle school is where we really get to know who we are and what we are capable of this year is just gonna be mess after mess but that's for later on.

TO BE CONTINUED......