Chapter 27

December 19th - Saturday 2024

~Lily's Pov~

I stretch looking down at the floor to see Alex after spending the night only to realize he Isn't there and probably never will be again... I sit on the edge of my bed looking at the small piece of daylight creeping Into my room a grayness to the day that somehow reminds me of Alex's eyes and that's not what I need right now.

[Come on sun... I really could use some sunshine right now] I sigh stepping out of bed I open my door the floorboards creaking underneath my feet I walk towards the bathroom and find It stripped bare It's a walk In shower no need for a curtain but there aren't any rug's either... I shake my head and look Into the mirror.

My eye's a puffy red and a bruise on my cheek from Ren's hit the other day I brush my fingers along the small bruise that he caused It's not like I hadn't hurt Alex but... Still he was the one cheating with my boyfriend so I can't say I exactly "Deserved" This I brush my teeth and wash my face the cold water sinking Into my skin.

[What's my life become really...] And then I hear a lot of commotion coming from the living room I walk out towards the sound and see Uncle Jordan with boxes moving them to his Jeep Hey Uncle Jordan what are you doing? He look's at me eyes wide he give's me a tight hug a smile on his face well a great apartment opened up and...

Well I'm moving there you remember my girlfriend right? He looks at me his eyes like a burning flame yea what about her? I almost roll my eyes the girl hadn't bothered speaking to me once so she Isn't something I'd like to think about well Lily your going to have a cousin! My eye's widen at the news's so she's- Yes! She's pregnant she found out today.

I think It's time I... Start my life you know? My brother In law Is strong enough to handle this and he's made great progress I stand shocked not sure what to say he smiles at me before taking another box to his Jeep ["Start my life" So move on? I...] I try not to think about It and walk towards my dad's bedroom and see It completely cleaned.

And him not there I walk Into the kitchen and see a note taped on the fridge.

Note

Hey pumpkin I went off to work for the first time In 2 months I think It's time we start making money for the move again! Your Uncle Jordan should be Just moving his boxes over to his new apartment I'll talk to you more when I get home I love you Lilly

End of note

[Well there goes the search for him] He come's back up the stairs sweaty from moving all the boxes there being 4 left Hey uh Lil's wanna help? I cringe at the name nodding and going over to grab a box full of pictures and notes and a big book on the top called "Family picture's book"? I walk downstairs with my Uncle to see boxes piled In the trunk.

Hey Uncle Jordan can I borrow this? He looks at the book In my hand's In laughs yea sure I'll be back when I'm done moving these boxes for the last 2 and the book do whatever you'd like with It I smile at him and wrap my arms over his shoulders thanks' Uncle Jordan for everything I pull back and see him tearing up he sighs.

It was nothing your family I-Ill be going he closes the trunk waving his hand from the drivers seat and drives off I walk back upstairs and sit down on the couch looking through the contents of the family photo book ok... Ok... 3rd Christmas 4th Christmas I rub over a picture of me and Alex when we were 4 but I flip forward a little and don't see any baby pictures.

You know you'd usually see but there are none [Maybe my dad has them... I'll ask when he gets home] I put the book on the shelf and my thoughts wander elsewhere well not elsewhere where they had been this morning I swallow the lump In the back of my throat and look to my phone I hadn't expected or hoped Alex would text me.