Chapter 1

{Liam's pov}

I woke up with the alarm clock I had on my phone. It was a Tuesday, my parents weren't home, I quickly got ready, grabbed an umbrella and a jacket and got to the bus station. Then the bus finally arrived, I got inside and saw Henry at the bottom of the bus, I walked to where he was and sat down next to him.

Liam: Hey bro

he didn't answer, he look really concentrated looking outside the window, then i noticed he was wearing headphones, i taped his shoulder softly for him to notice that i was there, as soon as i did he turn himself and look at me, his eyes looked so tired, its seemd that he'd been crying.

Henry: oh, hey liam

Liam: are you ok? you seem kinda down today

Henry: oh, yeah i'm fine, i just had insomnia last night, that's all

I immediately knew he was lying, he always gets a bit nervous when he's lying. I just ignored it, it wasn't my business anyway. The way to school was quiet, everyone was talking, laughing and screaming, but Henry was really quiet, looking outside the window, he really looked sad and depressed, i just grabbed my phone and looked at social media until we got to school.

When we finally got to school me and Henry went to our lockers, they were next to drews and Jake's lockers. As usual Jake and Drew were already there.

Liam: hey guys

Jake: hey

Drew: sup-

I looked back at Henry, he was looking at the floor, his eyes didn't seem to have any emotion on them, this was already concerning me, Jake and Drew seemed to notice too.

Jake: ahh henry? are you alright?

Drew: yeah why so quiet?

Henry: oh yeah i'm fine, don't worry guys

Drew: you are clearly ling henry-

Liam: yeah bro, you always get nervous when you're lying

Henry: really,I'm fine guys, don't worry

I was gonna reply, but the bell rang. As we approached class, I looked at him again, this time it was different, he looked in pain, not psychologically, physically, his hands were shaking, and all along class he seemed to have some kind of pain in his stomach and chest. I was gonna know what it was about, I wanted to help him just like he helped me in the past.

{Henrys pov}

(back at the morning)

I wasn't able to sleep last night. At 5 I had school. I didn't care, I just got up and made myself a sandwich and a coffee, as I turned the tv on, I heard footsteps coming from the stairs, it was my dad.

Henry's dad: what are you doing awake so early?

Henry: i could not sleep

Henry's dad: go back to your room you mistake, you are gonna get crumbs on my sofa!

I didn't reply and went to my room, I quickly ate the rest of the sandwich and drank the coffee, I burnt my tongue. I heard my dad go through the stairs, this wasn't good, i could hear the footsteps coming to my room, i wasn't able to lock the door before he got there, he has a belt on his hand, he look angry as f*ck.

Henry's dad: YOU MISTAKE!

Henry: WHAT DID I DO NOW!?

Henry's dad: DON'T GIVE ME THAT TONE YOU WORTHLESS DWARF

Henry: Just, tell me what I did wrong and I'll fix it ok? please get the belt down..

He don't listen to me, i saw how he grabbed impulse, and hit me with the belt in the arm, it hurt like hell, i screamed on pain as he got impulse to hit me again, I felt how the belt impacted on my skin, I screamed again, i was getting ready for the next impact, but it don't get it, i looked at my dad with my eyes about to collapse on tears.

Henry's dad: get your shirt off

I immediately knew what he was gonna do, he was gonna hit me in my torso for being able to hide the wounds and bruises.

Henry: d-dad please..

Henry's dad: I TOLD YOU TO TAKE YOUR FREAKING SHIRT OFF

i had no other choice, i slowly took my shirt off, knowing what's gonna happen next, i closed my eyes, and felt the belt hit me once more.