Jaguar in Your Bed

Kine

He had known I would have trouble with his order when it came to the chicken. He'd done it on purpose. Rolling my eyes, I pushed myself up off the sofa and hobbled toward the kitchen. I had to use the walls several times to finally get to the counter where I heaved a sigh of relief as I balanced some of my weight on the ledge. I glared down at my bad foot, almost willing it to be back to the way it had been but knowing that it was impossible to wish such a thing. Even with Nagol, it won't be fixed. There was no reason for him to waste his money on a shapeshifter he didn't even know. Shaking my head, I looked over at the fridge, and after running my tongue over my lower lip, I hopped to the door and pulled it open.

The action nearly sent me stumbling backward, but I grabbed the side of the fridge with my left hand to steady myself enough to prevent the accident. Grumbling under my breath, I looked inside, sighing as the cold air met my warm face. Nagol had been telling the truth about his fridge being full, but the only thing I seemed to notice was the large chicken wrapped in plastic in the back. I felt a strong need to reach for it just to disobey the darn cat, but before I even began to adjust my weight in order to do so without falling, I realized the sheen of frost on the outside through a small whole in the bag and snorted.

"You would tell me not to touch the thawing chicken... yet it is completely frozen still."

I wouldn't have been able to eat it for several hours anyway, and running the oven or stove while balancing on one foot wasn't a situation I felt like getting myself into. "You win, stupid cat," I growled as I snatched an apple from the door and bit into it angrily. As I ate, I leaned back just enough to allow the door to close, then put my weight against it while random thoughts stirred through my mind. Mainly, the fact that I likely wouldn't be able to stay at the apartment safely. While I hated feline shapeshifters, Nagol wasn't half bad, but the problem was his dominance. I might not be an alpha any longer, but after so many years being in control, it was stifling to bend to another's will, even if it was just something simple like not touching a food item.

Blowing out a stressed breath, I hopped over to the trashcan and tossed out the apple core, then turned on the sink to take a long drink of water. He had cups, but after being in my wolf form for so long, I was just more comfortable lapping at the water coming from the faucet. He would probably get annoyed at the way I drank, so might as well take pleasure in getting away with the disobedience while I still could.

Not like it matters right now anyways since he's not home, stupid.

Shaking my head, I carefully began to limp toward the bedroom Nagol had earlier said I could use. I didn't intend to stay for long, but after taking twenty minutes and several falls to get there, the large, plush bed made my heart jump into my throat. I knew it was just a spare bedroom but a bed... I had been so exhausted earlier that I had just fallen asleep on the carpet. That had been more than good enough. The pull of the comfortable-looking dark blue blankets and thick, fluffy white pillows made my inner dominant wolf shirk its instincts and spur me toward the bed. I fell into it, and my vision faded before I even settled completely.

Feels like heaven.

Nagol

Working overtime two nights in a row was beginning to wear me down, but I couldn't contain my excitement as I fought with my shaking fingers to fish my key from my pocket and actually get it into the lock. When I finally got the door open, I expected to be greeted with a growl or at least a glare, but when I didn't see Kine anywhere, my heart flinched in my chest.

Where?

My mind began to panic as I shut the door, locking it quickly before running toward the kitchen. My heavy boots thudded loudly on the tile as I hit the brakes when I realized he wasn't in the room. But the lights are still on in the living room. Maybe he's in the bathroom? Without even bothering with common sense, I stormed down the hallway toward the bathroom... only to skid on the carpet when I caught sight of something in my spare bedroom. Turning, I walked to the entryway and heaved a huge sigh of relief. Kine lay on his belly, legs partially hanging over the side of the bed as if he'd just fallen into it and passed out.