IwaOi - HIMYF

Iwaizumi's POV:

"Iwa- channnn can you help me take down the net? My arms are killing me right now from all that setting" Oikawa asked in his usual whiny voice

"Do it yourself shithead" I scoffed

"It's pronounced shih-thead"

"Oikawa I swear I'm going to kill you"

"Well at least wait until after lunch for that. Sit with me?"

I rolled my eyes and walked out. Of course I would sit with him we always do. Every Wednesday we sit alone away from everyone else to get away from all of the Oikawa simps. Since our 3rd year there's been even more of them. Some even going for me! Mattsun and Hanamaki are lucky they're out to the school so girls only bother them when they want a "gay bestie". Oikawa's only out to me, the team and some other friends. He doesn't want to go public because "when you're super famous like me, people will go and harm those close to you, and I wouldn't want them to hurt my precious Iwa".

And me? I'm straight 100%. I've dated dated girls and  kissed them and everything, and I've  never really felt that strong connection with them, so how am I meant to feel that with guys?

Oikawa's POV:

"Are you actually going?" Kunimi asked me "That seemed like a no to me. I wouldn't want you looking stupid waiting for him"

"Hmm? Yeah, of course" I replied "it's nice to see my underclassmen looking out for me, but I'm fine! He may not look it, but deep down he's really a warm and lovely person. Even ask Mattsun or Hanamaki they'll tell you how good of a friend he is" It's true, he can be blunt, cold or just a downright bully, but he's really a nice guy! We've known each other for a long time and he's never changed, so honestly I'm quite used to this Iwa. So used to it, in fact, that I've developed feelings for him.

It sounds cheesy, but I wrote a love letter to him. I held it in my hands as I walked to our usual spot. I didn't  even know how he'd take it. He was definitely gay, he didn't tell me, but I knew. He knew when I was gay before I told him, too. We're just on that similar wavelength where nothing can can be hidden from each other. I had other letters to give him too. He'd been really popular lately and it was making me jealous even though we weren't even dating! He had a couple love letters and letters from teachers that I had to pass to him, so I decided to give it to him then. I slipped the letter in my pocket before walking out to find Iwaizumi

Iwaizumi's POV:

"Ya ho!" A familiar voice called out. I turned to see Oikawa waving cheerfully with a smile stretched across his face. It's not the same smile he gives to interviewers or girls, it's like it's reserved just for me. It's a lot more relaxed and his eyes squint a little less. It's nice to see him more relaxed, though I doubt my grumpiness helps with that at all.

We sat and ate lunch whilst having general chat: volleyball, exams, sharing a few laughs, etc when I remembered I had loads of letters to give him.

"Oi shittykawa, you've got mail" I said, reaching into my bag to get them

"Oh yeah, you too" he said

"I don't get why people can't just give it to us directly. Do I look like a fucking mail man?"

"It's because you appear too frightening, so you get mad at what they give you, they'll have to deal with the outburst, whereas I'm far to famous to be casually approached in case I'm too irritated by all the people and I blow a fuse, so they just let us deal with each other"

"1st of all: you aren't famous, loser. And 2nd of all: that's the worst reasoning I've ever heard. Here" We exchanged letters and briefly flicked through them.