A Kiss and I Will Surrender

Chemical Shot POV

        I smiled as Harm and Party left my room. Seeing them made me feel better and whenever  she looked at him, her smile grew so wide. It was a smile that I hadn't seen since before BL/Ind. took over. I was thinking about my lovesick friends when I heard two soft raps at the door.

        "Yes?" I asked.

        "Its me,"said Kobra stepping through the door.

        "Hey," I smiled awkwardly.

        "Hey yourself," he smiled. He  walk over and sat beside the bed, taking my hand in his own. “How are you feeling?”

        “I’m alright, just very sore. But I started to feel better when you walked in,” I smirked at him. And he laughed at me.

        “Likely story, sweetheart, but I’m not buying it.” I shot him puppy dog eyes and he laughed, hugging me loosely.

        "Kobra, you hold me like I'm going to break or disappear, or both. Why?" I asked, concerned.

        "Its nothing. Its just that you've done both recently and I'm scared," he admitted while looking way.

        "What will it take? What can I do to prove that I'm not going anywhere?" I begged.

        "Its just me, really," he said.

        I knew he was afraid of commitment, and I hadn't given him much reason not to be. I mean with my disappearing act and near death. I couldn't think of anything to help him believe in me. I was pressed for anyway to help. I wanted him to believe in me. I already knew he loved me, however I didn't know how to make him trust that I would stay.

        So, instead, I did something irrational. I grabbed him by the collar of his sleek, red jacket.

        "What—" he started. I didn't allow him to finish before I pulled him down against my lips. I smiled as he knelt on the bed leaning over me. We continued kissing until he put his hands on my sides, particularly, one hand on my injured side, and I winced.

        "Shit!" I cried.

        "Oh, I'm sorry!” he exclaimed, leaning away. "I got a bit carried away and are you okay?"

        “I'm fine. Really Kobra. I mean there is one thing that would that would make me feel better..." I purposely trailed off.

        "What? Anything! I would do anything," he reached out to touch my face.

        "Then shut your face and kiss me," I smiled, he laughed and obliged.

        "Oh! Oh I didn't... I didn't know... I'm just going to leave," Pony stuttered.

        "Hey Kobra," came the voice of Jet Star from the doorway.

        "Yeah?" Kobra replied resting his forehead against mine.

        "Maybe you didn't realize this, but she is recovering from a ray gun wound. So maybe you could detach yourself from her long enough for me to check her.” And with a laugh Kobra moved away a little. Jet came over and took a look at my side.

        "What’s the verdict Dr. Star" I asked.

        "Never, and I mean never call me that again," he laughed. "Also, you're healing well so I can just leave you both to whatever it was you were doing." With that, Jet bounded out of the room as though we carried the Black Plague.