"What is a man but the sum of his memories?"

A/N: 

Forgive the incredible lateness of this work! School's been a bitch. -_-

But here it is at long last! Chapter 4! I apologize for leaving you guys at such an emotional peak in chapter 3, with that argument between (y/n) and Altaïr. In this chapter, we see this conflict unfold, without mentioning how out of place (y/n) feels. 

Later on, Altaïr mentions 3 weapons. Here are the answers to his questions.

Difference between Beretta M92 and Ruger Hawkeye ? Beretta M92 is a semiautomatic gun that was originally produced in Italy, with a shooting range of 50m (160 ft). A Ruger Hawkeye is a rifle known for its sturdiness and accuracy, very widely known and used among hunters. Ruger Hawkeye also shares its name with a single shot pistol, which greatly resembles a revolver in body but with differing modifications. It was produced between 1963 and 1964, and was discontinued after only 3075 were produced.

What makes the Barrett M82 such a formidable rifle? The Barrett M82 is a precision sniper rifle, feared among Military ranks for its frightening shooting accuracy and destructive power. It revolutionized the arsenal world by creating its own category among snipers: the large caliber sniper rifles. You don't wanna mess with this bad boy. 

M1911= This is actually a reference to a Remington Rand M1911, but it's widely known as just M1911. It's a .45 caliber pistol from the US Army. There were two models created: the M1911, in 1911, and the M1911A1, created in 1924. Nowadays, it's still widely popular among the army and among US civilians. The civilian model of this gun is the Colt 1991 Series, a M1911A1 hybrid. The recoil force of this weapon can be quite surprising if you're not expecting it,especially for inexperienced shooters. Wielders of this gun describe it as a "light shove". 

.......don't look up my search history. *nervous laughter*

Hope you like it!

-*-*-*-*-*-*-

September 21st, 2012. Five days have gone by since my arrival here. Five painfully monotonous, repetitive days. Wake up early, breakfast, jogging, checking up on Desmond and his progress, lunch, taking the watch shift with Alex, checking up on Desmond again, reading Shaun's useful notes to catch up on lost history, dinner, and spending the evening with Ezio. It wasn't just exhausting. It was mentally draining.

Desmond's been making progress, at the very least. He's been picking up skills from his hours spent in the Animus. Ezio and I have been training him, testing his abilities. And honestly, sparring with Desmond felt like I was sparring with Ezio. He has his exact same fighting style. From how he thrusts his sword to how he places his feet. It's....nostalgic, to say the least. But oh so refreshing.

Things with the Confederation have taken an....interesting turn, to say the least. Yesterday, Ezio came back from Firenze with a pile of documents, all about a possible membership within the Confederation ranks, of which I had no other choice but to sign. I was now a novice, the lowest rank within our Order. And it felt weird, to be back down here. The last time I was a novice, I was still learning with Ezio and Mario here in Monteriggioni. Here I am now once again, a mere novice in body, but a Master Assassin and Mentore in spirit, forced to learn these new skills which Assassins have been perfecting over these past 5 centuries.

Reading the papers, some skills were still fairly normal: Gymnastics, climbing, free-running, resistance and endurance training, knife-throwing for the more accurate ones, close-combat training for the others. But then, you got: Target practicing, with pistols first, and snipers later on. I've never liked guns. Not even back when I was living here. Back before I left. They just felt...wrong. But now, they were part of my arsenal. And sure, I've worn one on my wrist for most of my life. But this wasn't the same. One simply cannot compare Altaïr's wrist gun to contemporary guns. It's simply impossible, unfathomable, even, to make such comparison. Both were designed to kill, sure, but modern guns were way deadlier than anything Ezio and I ever wielded. And I hated it. Assassins weren't meant to kill from afar. Such cowardly act isn't who we are. What we represent.