A trip down memory lane

A/N: Whooo!! Sorry for the late update. This Master's degree has been giving me hell...

But here it is!! You'll see later on that I referenced an AC Brotherhood sequence, which also appears in Book 1. I just changed the pov's to match an Animus viewing. Anyhoo, I got most of the descriptions from the novel, mainly chapter 15 (p 137/138 if you're using the Penguin Classics edition). Enjoy!! ^^

-*-*-*-*-*-

I spent the entirety of breakfast explaining everything. Everything. From start to finish. No stones were left unturned. How I was plagued by Altaïr in my previous life, how I slowly but surely regained my memories... the Library of Altaïr, my conversation with Minerva, having to live through life without Ezio...and my last conversation with Minerva before I was brought back here.

"To be honest..." I began after finishing my cup of coffee. "I don't even know what might happen from now on. It's as Minerva said: this is the outcome I created. This present is the result of my presence in the past. I spent 50 years living in Renaissance Italy, and this is quite literally my first day back in 2012." I sighed. "I can barely even remember what my life was like before I was sent back."

"Jesus..." Shaun breathed out. "Must've been one heck of a journey."

"That, it was." I smiled softly. That, it was...

"So, you mean to tell me that Minerva brought you, Ezio AND Altaïr here? To 2012?" Desmond asked. "And not only is Ezio going through the same nightmares as you are, but you and Altaïr remember everything?"

"That sums it all up pretty well, yeah." I shrugged.

"Wow...I-I mean, you're (y/n) Auditore! THE (y/n) Auditore!!" Rebecca exclaimed. "Everyone knows your tale! Literally!! It's your Codex that inspired Assassins and Templars to join forces. All this is thanks to you!!"

"Y-Yeah well..." I grimaced. "I'm told this is quite a faulty solution."

"True, but no solution is ever perfect." Shaun shrugged. "I guess this was the best solution the Kenways had, at the time. And so far, it works. I honestly doubt, that with Capitalism and how complex contemporary politics are, that we'd ever get to a better agreement than this."

"Yet, there are extremist groups. From both sides." I furrowed my brows. "What has the Confederation been doing about this?"

"Honestly? They do the best they can, I guess." Lucy replied, hesitantly. "But things aren't looking up. It's like they're living right beneath our feet."

"One thing is clear: they're well-equipped, and they can hide." Desmond explained, his tone grave as he looked at me. "I was hiding in Paris, living as carefully as I could. And I was still caught."

"Yeah well, you can thank your passion for bikes for that little stunt..." Shaun muttered, causing Desmond to rub the back of his neck in light embarrassment.

"Oh, cut me some slack, Shaun. It's my weakness." He protested, much to my amusement. We all laughed for a few short moments, before silence finally settled in. I finished my cup of coffee before I looked at Lucy, my smile softening.