Chapter 18

Misty

Wrapping up my session at the facility, I sat and just reflected on everything that happened today. From losing my job, to making sure my grandmother was prepared for tomorrow, I was overall mentally and physically tired.

"Thank God we're rent free for the next three months." I spoke to myself.

Stretching, I massaged my legs and ankles before finally getting up and putting everything back where it was.

"Hey Mist."

Hearing Sarah's voice, I turned and smiled before finishing clean.

"Hey."

"Are you ok? I sensed a little tension this afternoon, I hope its not about the operation tomorrow."

"Nah its not that, but I did want to ask you something."

"Sure. Talk to me."

"Promise me you won't react out of sort but I got fired today and I wanted to know if it was possible for me to be here on a more whole day basis, that is, after my grandmother is better."

"What you mean you got fired?"

"Its a long story and I honestly don't want to get into it."

"I understand but does Maggie know?"

"I'm sure she probably does by now, if not she will find out soon."

"You know she's going to try to burn that building down right?" She laughed.

"God I hope not." I shook my head. "But yea, can I?"

"Sure. I don't mind and I'm surr he won't either." She smiled.

"Thanks. Its only gonna be till I find something else and then I'll go back to my usual schedule."

"No need to stress it love. Look at it as you getting the time to be there for your grandmother without worrying."

"Yea you're right."

"Does August know?"

"Nope." I sighed. "I just feel like he is going to be on the same level of anger as Maggie. He already doesn't like the supervisor."

"Damn."

"Mhmm. Anyway, let me get home. I have a long day ahead of me tomorrow."

"Yea babe, you go ahead. Call me if you need anything ok?"

"Thank you."

Sharing a hug, we then went our separate ways. As I sat waiting on the bus, I contemplated on it to call Aug or not, only to have my phone vibrate in my pocket.

"Aug: I figured you would be waiting on the bus now so call me when you get home😘"

Replying to his message, I just smiled. Our relationship was blossoming nicely and I was honestly happy that I had taken the chance.

As scared and nervous as I was, I just couldn't fight my feelings for him so rather than just lying to myself and him, I took the jump.

Seeing the bus coming, I put my phone in my pocket and stood up. When it stopped, the doors opened as I waited while some people got off.

"Good evening." I smiled as I swore my card.

"Good evening to you too." The bus driver replied.

Finding a spot, I made myself comfortable as I headed home.

*******

"She's asleep?"

Walking into the kitchen to get a glass of water, I was on facetime with Aug.