Part 6

“No, no, no, no…” Kyungsoo screams, fingers scratching through his hair. His cheeks were wet with the anger pouring out of him. This wasn’t fair.

Jongin pulls him into a tight hug. Painfully loud silence rang through their ears.

Jongin finally breaks the quietness, “I’m sorry I’m not the person you needed.” With that he leaves Kyungsoo in the hall to pack a duffel for the frozen boy.

The knuckles on the door indicate the arrival of the possible end. Jongin opens the worn out door. Chanyeol is waiting for Kyungsoo, who was standing with red eyes behind Jongin.

Jongin can’t take his eyes away from Kyungsoo as he slowly steps over the door frame. His gaze burns wholes into Kyungsoo’s back. The boy on the outside pivots around and turns the corners of his swollen lips up.

“Bye.” Kyungsoo almost whispers as his lips twitch, threatening to weaken. Jongin grinds his teeth together and waves. The door shuts with a curt nod from Chanyeol. Neither men turn back for a second glance.

Jongin stands, hand reaching for the handle that was attached to the wood, sitting in his misery.

Chanyeol nervously looks into the rear view mirror, afraid to say a word. Kyungsoo just looked flat out unhappy. Miserable. Pale.

The awkward silence lasts for about an hour until they arrive at a small building partly hidden by ivy. Chanyeol opens the door of the car for Kyungsoo holding the black bag.

Kyungsoo sits on a hard, plastic chair as Chanyeol and the receptionist at the front desk of the shelter spoke. A couple signatures later, the lady gives Kyungsoo a cold, plastic smile holding his bag. Chanyeol gives Kyungsoo a nod. He watches the woman and Kyungsoo disappear into the elevator.

He drives back to Jongin’s place. Chanyeol finds Jongin waiting for him with a small suitcase and a cactus plant in his hand at the entrance of the apartment building.

“You ready?” Chanyeol says from the steering wheel as Jongin climbs into the shotgun seat.

Jongin nods, which gives Chanyeol permission to ask another question. “What’s up with the plant? You left everything else…”

Jongin shrugs and replies, “It reminds me of Kyungsoo.”

“You didn’t even know him Jongin-ah. Just let it go. He’s in the shelter now.” Chanyeol sighs.

He’s right. You didn’t even know him. What’s he to you?

 With that, Jongin rolls the window down and drops the potted plant letting it fall to the ground, shattering into a million pieces as they drive further away from it.

A/N: Sorry its so short. There's a lot going on right now, and its been a while since I updated so I wanted to keep the story going.