Honeydukes

Natalia and Pansy strolled into the Great Hall and took a seat at the Slytherin table. Natalia had refreshed herself in her dorm before they went to get dinner. Natalia didn't feel like eating but Pansy had dragged her with her. She glanced over the table. Even though the food looked delicious, she wasn't hungry. Natalia noticed Adrian. He was observing her, she could see the fire in his eyes. Natalia quickly lowered her eyes and peered at her empty plate, lost in her thoughts. She and Adrian were over now. But why was she still so tense? Natalia picked up her plate and scooped some food on it. She grabbed the fork off the table and poked in her potatoes. "Natalia, please just eat something," Pansy said. Natalia looked up and sighed. "I'm not hungry." Pansy glanced over the table, her mouth tightened into a thin line. "I have an idea! What if we skip school tomorrow. To cheer you up," her face lit up. Natalia frowned at her and laughed."We can't just skip school in our first week back at Hogwarts. Pansy you are-"
"-Brilliant," Pansy interrupted her.

"No, but I'm serious, but during dinner perhaps." She suggested. "Wait, now you mean?" Natalia asked. "So, where are we going?" Pansy laughed. "Hogsmeade," she said determinedly. Natalia looked wide-eyed at her and chuckled. "And how do you want to get there?" she asked. "There is a secret passage near the stairs to the Defence Against The Dark Arts classroom, leading to the cellar of Honeydukes," Pansy said proudly. Natalia and Pansy grinned at each other, they didn't need words. Just by the look on their faces, they knew they were both thinking the same thing. "What the hell are you guys laughing about?" Blaise asked as he raised his eyebrow. "That is none of your business, Blaise," Pansy smirked and they both left the Great Hall.

"Shhhh, quiet," as Pansy put her finger to her lips. They sneaked through the corridor on the third floor. They stopped in front of an old statue of a witch with one eye. Pansy took out her wand and tapped on the hump. "Dissendium." The hump opened, just wide enough for them to get through. They slid down to the hidden passageway and a few seconds later they stood in the cellar of Honeydukes. They smiled at each other. Natalia climbed up the old dusty wooden stairs when they suddenly heard a scream coming from upstairs. They looked at each other. "What do we do now?" Natalia whispered. Pansy shrugged her shoulders and shook her head. A second scream followed, this one was louder and full of fear, muffled sounds followed after. They stood there for a second listening to the people who were talking. Natalia estimated there were three people in the room. She opened the old wooden trap door ajar and looked through the small slit. "No, no, please. I beg you.." Natalia saw a woman tied to a chair. "Shut your mouth, tell us where it is," a man in a black cloak spoke up. "Please, I don't know," the woman said. "Nat, what's happening?" Natalia turned around. "I don't know what-"

"Avada Kedavra." Natalia turned around and saw a green glow followed by a scream.
She watched the old woman, lifeless, sitting back in the chair. Her eyes widened and she put a hand over her mouth to stop herself from screaming. Natalia closed the trap door and stumbled down the stairs. She grabbed Pansy's arm and dragged her back to the secret passage. "We gotta get out of here now," she said hastily. Pansy followed her without a fight. "Oh my Merlin, what just happened?" Pansy asked when they were back at Hogwarts. "Death Eaters," Natalia answered.

"Where were you two?" Theodore asked when Natalia and Pansy entered the common room. The two looked at each other. "Should we tell him?" Natalia nodded. "We can trust him," and they gestured Theodore to follow them.
They waited for Theodore in their dorm. Theodore walked in with a questioning look on his face. "Theo, what we are about to tell you, you can't tell anyone. Not even Draco, understand?" Theodore nodded and didn't say anything. Natalia continued and told him what had happened at the Honeydukes store. "But why?" Theodore asked when she was finished. Pansy and Natalia both shrugged. Natalia sighed, "let's forget about it and pretend as nothing happened. I don't want us to get in trouble." They all agreed and went back to the common room. At the end of the corridor, Theodore grabbed Natalia's arm. She turned around and looked directly into his green eyes. She pulled her arm back in the heat of the moment. "I'm sorry. I just... I wanted to check if you were okay," he said. Natalia glanced at the floor and back up at Theodore. She felt her head turn red. " I'm fine, thanks." And she turned around and strode back to the common room. Theodore was left behind in confusion.

She fell down on the couch next to Pansy. It was quiet for a moment when Theodore joined them. Until Blaise entered the room. "You guys look whacked. No rather awful," he said. "Don't ask," Pansy sneered back. "Wow, calm down Miss Miff." As he took a seat and stared at them. "So? Are you guys gonna talk or what?" He asked. Natalia got up and walked to the exit. "I've got to go, something important," she mumbled. The others looked at each other but didn't say anything. Natalia left the dungeons and walked out of the castle. She was heading to the tree Luna showed her yesterday. In the hope, she would see some Snidgets. Instead, she saw
skeletal creatures about the size of a horse, with a reptilian hide, white eyes, and leathery black wings.

"Thestals." Natalia turned around and saw Theodore standing behind her. He had followed her all the way down here. "They pull the carriages." He said. "Now I know what you mean," she said as she looked back at the creatures. Theodore stood next to her. Natalia saw him staring at her in the corner of her eyes. She faced him and flashed a smile at him. He gazed deep into her eyes and suddenly he brought his hand to her face and tucked a few strands of hair behind her ear. Natalia didn't know how to react and lowered her eyes to the ground. "You are beautiful, Natalia," he said. Natalia blinked up, confused. "What? I-"
"-don't be so surprised. Natalia... I like you," he interrupted her.

Natalia's eyes widened at his words. Trying to find words. "Theo... I just broke up with Adrian. I can't-" she sighed. "It's just too soon." Theodore nodded. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that" he said. Natalia nodded. "Let's head back inside," she said. They turned away from the Thestals. Both didn't say a word. There was only a silence as they walked into the castle.