Chapter - 2

Pragya felt weak and was on the verge of collapsing, but Abhi quickly caught her from behind, their eyes locking in a moment filled with pain. Disha and Dasi couldn't help but smile as they witnessed the scene, while Tanu clenched her fists in anger at the sight of them being so close.

Breaking the eye contact, Pragya turned away from Abhi and spoke, "Disha, let's go..."

Disha nodded and the family made their way back home.

Mehra Mansion

As Disha helped Pragya sit on the bed, Pragya said , "Disha, you should also rest. Don't forget that you are also pregnant."

Disha replied, "I will, di. But please try not to stress too much. I know it's easier said than done, but it can affect your baby's health."

Pragya nodded, understanding the importance of taking care of herself. After Disha left the room, Pragya's gaze fell upon the side table where a photo of her, Abhi, and Dadi was kept. Tears formed in her eyes as she picked up the frame, finally allowing herself to release the emotions she had been holding back for so long.

He felt guilty for blaming it on Pragya. He stood in the corridor, watching Pragya have her breakdown. He was hesitant, but eventually stepped in and comforted her. She embraced him tightly as he stood by the bed. He tenderly stroked her hair while tears streamed down his face.

"I'm so sorry, Pragya," Abhi whispered, his voice filled with remorse. "I shouldn't have blamed you for Dadi's death. It was never your fault."

Pragya looked up at him. "I know. I know it wasn't my fault. But it still hurt so much to hear those words from you."

Abhi held her tighter, his grip filled with both love and regret. "I was lost, Pragya. I couldn't handle the pain, and I lashed out at you. I'm so sorry for everything I've put you through."

"You didn't trust me. You just blamed me. Do you really think I would hurt Dadi? The person who never made me feel like a stranger when my own husband didn't look at me. You've realized your mistakes, and that's good. But please don't expect me to forgive you. I will stay with you, and we will together fulfill all the responsibilities towards our child, but I'm sorry, I can't live with you like before."

Abhi closed his eyes as tears clouded his vision.

♡︎ ♡︎ ♡︎

In Aaliyah's room, Tanu angrily threw pillows onto the floor.

Aaliyah opened the door and a pillow hit her.

"What the hell, Tanu?" Aaliya winced.

"Don't shout!" Tanu yelled angrily.

"What happened? Why are you so angry?" Aaliyah asked, confused.

"Seriously, Aaliya? You don't know why I am angry?" She started crying. "Pragya cheated on me."

Aaliya widened her eyes.

"She said that she would never come and that she didn't want to live with my Abhi, but she came and she is in his room..." Tanu complained like a kid.

Aaliya hit her forehead. "She has not cheated on you, sweetheart. And she is here for the only reason that she is carrying my brother's child..." she said and rolled her eyes.

"Child... child!" she shouted. "I will kill this..."

But before she could speak further, Aaliya slapped her hard.

"Don't you dare to harm my brother's baby. I hate Pragya, but that baby is my brother's baby..." Aaliya warned her.

Tanu looked at her, shocked.

"Aaliya..you are saving that Pragya? You slapped me for that Pragya?" Tanu asked angrily.

"Yes! I slapped you for Pragya because she is the mother of that child. I don't want you to interfere in our family matters. I agree that I hated Pragya, but she is now pregnant. Let's just stop hating her. And if you still want my brother, then pack your bags and leave this house. Because now I will not let you interfere with my brother's life anymore." Aaliya said and sat on the bed tiredly.

"You can't throw me out of this house!" Tanu shouted.

"Oh, really?" Aaliya cocked a brow at her.

She held her hand and dragged her to the hall.

Tanu jerked her hand.

"How dare you?" She raised her hand to slap Aaliya, but Purab held Tanu's hand.

Aaliyah slightly smiled, seeing Purab there.

Purab jerked Tanu's hand.

"Better leave this house..." Purab said.

"I will not," answered Tanu stubbornly.

Aaliya held her hand and dragged her to the door.

"Goodbye, Tanu. And it would be better if we don't see each other from now on."

Aaliya pushed her out of the main door and locked it instantly, not allowing Tanu to protest.

Purab was having a hard time digesting what he saw now.

"When did she get brain in her head from her knee?" he thought to himself.

Aaliya narrowed her eyes at him, who had made a bad face looking at her.

She rolled her eyes and left from there.

♡︎ ♡︎ ♡︎

Payal was passing by the kitchen and stopped when she saw Abhi, who was lost in his own world.

"Sir..."

But Abhi didn't reply.

"Sir..." She said a little louder.

"H..haan!!"

"What happened?" She asked.

"I lost everything, Payal. I lost my dadi whom I considered my world, I lost my fuggie, who was my life. I am very bad... very bad..." He said.

"Sir, don't be sad. Dadi will be happy that at least you and Pragya ma'am didn't separate."

"She is only with me because of our baby, if it weren't for our baby, she would have left me by now."

He closed his eyes and remembered his harsh words which he said to Pragya.

"I am not one to interfere in your personal matters, but believe me, Pragya Ma'am still loves you. She could never hate you. I have seen the love and care in her eyes. I know that you love her a lot, and I trust that you will win her trust back."

Abhi smiled through his tears.

"By the way sir... I came to give you this file."

Abhi took the file and asked her to stay in the house as it was late at night.

- ♡︎♡︎♡︎ -

Hope you all liked it !

Please click on the star icon and leave your feedback.

Take care!

- jayshri✨