I stuff my hands into my pockets, surveying the crowded room.

All I see everywhere I turn are rowdy teens doing crazy things.

Why am I even here?

As if reading my mind, Vince appears beside me, grinning like a idiot.

As much as I miss his goofy ass, I do not want to be here.

I thought that his idea of having a guys night out was doing normal things since it's just 2 of us and I'm a lonely loser.

I am very nervous, I don't really like being around so many people anymore.

And I definitely don't feel comfortable being around so many underaged kids drinking and doing drugs.

All I can really think about is Dom, who I left with my parents after 2 days of them begging to finally meet him.

They really like him.

I miss him, it feels so weird to go anywhere without him now even though it hasn't been that long and he still doesn't say much.

I already enjoy his presence in the house as well, it's nice to not have the house completely to myself anymore. It was far too quiet.

"This place is crazy!"
Vince marvels, as excited as a kid on Christmas morning.

Out of all the things that have changed over the past couple of years, I didn't expect him to turn out so girl crazy.

He is 7 years younger than me and because of that, our relationship hasn't always been that great.

But ever since I got back, he's proven time and time again that he's not the same video game obsessor he once was.

Girls are all he's been talking about since I came home.

Seriously, yesterday we went shopping for some paint for Dominic's room and we wasted a whole hour there because he wanted to stick around to get a girl's number.

"I'm not in the mood."
I say quietly, a frown permanent on my face.

He claimed to have brought me here to loosen up with a couple of free drinks but I know that he really brought me here to talk to new people.

I heard him talking quietly to our parents about it before we left. I guess he forgot that I have ears like a hawk. A scary hawk.

I roll my eyes just thinking about it.

I don't want any new friends right now, I just want to focus on being the right kind of father for Dom. He seems so nervous when he does anything around me and it bothers me.

Vince, being his usual annoying self, scoffs.

"Shy, you're home after what feels like decades! Live a little, you deserve it."
He rants, nudging me affectionately.

I scowl, pushing his elbow  away.

It is true, I am back home and I am happy about it.

I'm just not showing it because this all feels like a fever dream.

I went to visit my old high school just to reminisce yesterday and it's like nothing at all has changed.