•Masquerade•

The town's lights shone bright through the night as the night festival has begun but on the same day, esteemed guest were invited to the Gleeful mansion for a masquerade party. My family being one of the invited people. As we drove by the night festival, my siblings were looking at me with disgust. It's only natural that they hate me, I was born by the affair of my father. My mother died shortly after giving birth to me. The person I am supposed to call mother now, absolutely hated me. Though through many abuse by what I call my fake mother, my father didn't even bat an eye seeing me go through it.

They could've just left me at home but I was accidentally included in the list of guest. That damned Gleeful. We never got along well. I hated his guts for being an absolute play-boy and also taking parts of black magic. He hated me as I was an illegitimate child. Seeing him makes my stomach churn. My half-sister stares at me with anger in her eyes each time I encounter that damned Gleeful with her in the vicinity. I hate this family to the core.

"Listen here" My half-sister started.

"You are not allowed to be near to Dipper alright?" She says with firmness, trying to assert her dominance but I hardly ever care.

I scoffed at her words and kept quiet, continued to look out the window, wondering when we'll be arriving. The trip felt longer than expected, possibly because of the people I am with.After a few more minutes, we have arrived at the mansion. Stepping out the car and having a sense of fresh air made me feel relieved. Placing on my vintage eye mask afterwards. My 'mother' pulls my ear harshly, telling me:

"Behave, this is your sister's time to debut"

She released me from her grasp and started walking towards the main door, leaving me behind as I ponder, the perfect time to escape. I turned back to the gate, there were guards. I mentally cursed at them for being there as I had no choice but to go inside the mansion.

Going inside the large doors, the place was all fancy, a large chandelier was already hanging above the center of the main entrance, and two grand staircases leading up to some other rooms. Between the staircases, there was the entrance of the party.

"Fancy piece of shit" I muttered under my breath.

Walking up one of the staircases, I stayed at the balcony that was overseeing the main entrance. Observing the people coming in and out and sighing. Thinking to myself that if I ever met Gleeful in this goddamn party, I know I could recognize him and any glance.

The bell chimed, signaling the party was gonna start. I still stayed there and looked at the people who were running to the party. After a few minutes, I walked down the stairs and went ahead and joined the party. Entering the room, I spotted my Family right away and decided to stay clear from them at all cost. The night festival would've been better than this.

Guiding myself to the food table and getting a strawberry dipped with chocolate and a fruit wine, I stood there, drinking and eating as everyone was chattering about and dancing all around the center. My eyes wondered off to my family again to see if they were still in the same spot, and they were. Only this time, my sister was looking furious and about to break into tears and mother trying to calm her down.

I think the Gleeful have already presented themselves since I came in a bit late. Taking a sip of my wine, a hand was held out to me. A masked stranger. He had brown hair and a mask that I can't seem to see his eyes with. The man had a devilish smirk on his face but what I must say really was a handsome look on him.

"May I have this dance?" He asked.

To with what I replied was a: "No" and continued stuffing my face with cake this time.