Mall Doors

(Sorry for being gone for so long! I'll try to update more)

Zizzy carefully opened the door to the mall, allowing everyone to go inside. Bunny scanned everyone's movements, they all appeared to be calm, as if they'd done this a hundred times.

Zizzy walked up the escalator, which was still moving at a hauntingly slow pace. Bunny followed suit, so did Pony and Y/N.

"This door looks like someone was in a rush to lock it," Zizzy said while examining a door with 2 boards and a lock keeping it shut. "Suppose the thing you two saw could be back there?" Pony looked at Y/N,

"Maybe, we should all be careful though. Maybe something was locked inside the room for a good reason." Pony looked around the mall, it was eerily empty. Bunny walked over to the vent where she'd found Mousy. The blood had dried, filling the room with a stale scent.

"I'll start looking for a way to get this door open." Y/N stated, "Could you all cover for me?" Bunny, Zizzy, and Pony nodded.

"So," Bunny rubbed the back of her neck anxiously, "What should I do, exactly?"

"You fought off that robot, yea?"

"Yea."

"Do it again."

Zizzy and Bunny turned at the sound of gears and metal scraping together. The ear piercing noise was caused by the security robot, which still had a dent in it's torso from the last time it and Bunny had crossed paths. The robot stared dead into Bunny's eyes, planting fear in her mind. Zizzy pulled out her foil and readied herself for a fight.

"Well? You just going to stand there?" Zizzy said in a harsh tone, "You fought this thing before, you weren't lying, right?" She scowled.

Bunny stiffened,

"No, no, I wasn't lying," She loaded her crossbow with a carrot, "there was just a lot of adrenaline involved last time."

"Well, get that adrenaline back because it's coming our way."

The robot started up it's chainsaw, slowly dragging it's left leg behind it.

"It looks damaged, did you do that?" Zizzy asked Bunny. Bunny shook her head,

"I only did the dent in it's torso."

"Well, I guess- DUCK!" Zizzy pulled Bunny down, narrowly dodging the robot's chainsaw. She kicked the robot's ankle causing it to loose balance, nearly falling. Bunny aimed the crossbow at the robot's head. She watched as Zizzy stood up and kept the robot distracted. Her heart raced as she tried to make sure the carrot wouldn't hit Zizzy. She shot, perfectly lodging the carrot in between the robot's eyes.

Zizzy helped Bunny off the ground,

"Nice shot, can you do it again?" Zizzy exhaled sharply, dodging the robot's every move while trying to land hits of her own.

Bunny reloaded the crossbow and shot at the robot's right leg joint. The carrot stuck between the gears, causing the robot to fall over. The robot shut down in an attempt to protect itself from anymore harm.

Zizzy took a deep breath,

"What kind of," She huffed, "carrots are those?"

"What do you mean?"

"You just jammed up a robot's gears with a carrot! A literal carrot!"

"Well, you'd weakened it a bit-"

Zizzy looked down at the robot laying on the tile between them,

"You did pretty good, Bunny." Zizzy ignored Bunny's comment. They heard a click.

"Hey, guys! Pony and I opened the door!" Y/N called out to the two. Zizzy motioned for Bunny to follow her to the door.

"Looks like a storage room, if anyone's in this mall they've got to be here..." Zizzy mumbled to herself. Bunny attempted to turn on the lights, but the switch didn't seem to be connected to any wiring.

"Looks like we'll be searching in the dark..." Y/N cursed under their breath. The group walked around for a bit until they saw a flashlight flicker behind a counter. Bunny leaned over the counter and saw a short pig, huddled behind it, clutching a bat. The pig looked up at Bunny and froze, tensing his muscles and slowly lifting the bat.

"Hey, hey! I'm not here to hurt you," Bunny held out a hand for the pig to grab, "what brought you here?" The pig shakily stood up and brushed off his shirt,

"I came here after my family started acting weird, they tried to hurt me. I know it wasn't really them, it couldn't be-" the pig stammered. Bunny looked around for the rest of her group,

"Guys! I found someone!" She turned back to the pig, "What's your name?"

"George, who are you? Who are the others?" George lowered his bat and calmed down a bit more. Zizzy and Pony walked over to Bunny and George, Y/N was still looking around the room for any supplies.

"These are Zizzy," Bunny pointed to Zizzy, who tipped her hat, "and Pony," Pony waved politely. "Y/N is somewhere around here, we'll meet with them later."

"Why are all of you here?" George asked, examining the 3 animals standing before him. Bunny looked at Zizzy, waiting for her to respond. Zizzy cleared her throat,

"My friend Pony claimed he saw a figure heading toward the mall, you don't suppose that would be you?"

"Yes, that was me, I saw all of you with weapons and got scared that you would act like my family had. I'd been running through the city and others had been chasing me. There were so many of you and-" Bunny cut George off,

"That's ok! You're safe now, we're a group of survivors who haven't gotten infected yet! We'll keep you safe!" Bunny exclaimed, putting a hand on George's shoulder, "He can come to the safe house with us, right?" Zizzy nodded, motioning toward the door,

"We should get Y/N and go back now, we don't want that robot waking up again." Bunny nodded in agreement,

"Yea, cmon!"

Once they found Y/N and left the storage room, they made their way back through the mall. Bunny spotted a beaten up wheelchair, it wasn't too broken, so she decided to take it back to the safe house, Mousy will like this, I won't have to pick her up anymore.

"Whats that for?" Pony looked at the wheelchair.

"It's for Mousy, so she can move around freely!" Bunny said, "do you think Zizzy would mind me bringing it back?" Pony shrugged,

"Probably not." Pony walked faster in an attempt to catch up with Zizzy and Y/N.

"Who's Mousy?" Bunny looked down to see George standing beside her,

"A friend of mine, when the mall went on lockdown, I helped her get out alive."

"Why does she need a wheelchair?"

"She lost her legs to that security robot."

"Oh."

The group made it back to the safe house, set down any new supplies they had, and prepares to try and find more survivors.