23. Meet me at midnight

-Meet me at midnight

I walked toward the Gryffindor common room. The whole way there I had a huge smile on my face. I imagined how stupid Olivia must have looked and immediately had to grin. Slapping her in the face was something I wanted to do since the first day she arrived.

I ran up to my dorm and into the bathroom to get ready. I put on something comfortable and sat down in front of the fireplace with a book. My mother had given me the book to read it on the train ride, but because I fell asleep, I didn't have the chance to read it. I had just opened the book when suddenly the others stormed into the common room.

"wow y/n I didn't know you were that badass." grinned Fred.

"Be careful not to fall in love with her too, Freddie." added George with a laugh.

"Shut up both of you. She might be badass but she didn't need to slap Olivia." Hermione said sternly and Ginny just stood there laughing.

"What are you doing here? You're supposed to be in the great hall, eating dinner." I giggled.

"We can't have our best friend hit someone and then pretend nothing happened." explained Fred.

"We hurried to eat." explained Ginny.

A moment later the door slammed loudly and Olivia stormed into the common room. There was a mixture of anger on her face and - was that a tear?

She deserved it tho ....

"Look who's there ...." grinned George for which Ginny gave him a nudge in the ribs.

Olivia ran up to me with quick steps and somehow I had the slight feeling she was about to kill me. After all, I had humiliated her in front of everyone.

"You-" I tried hard not to burst out in laughter.

"You will regret that ..." and with those words she turned around and ran to her dorm. Normal people would have got scared now, but I and the others just burst out laughing. Even Hermione was wheezing. I wouldn't let a little girl tell me what to do.

Fred and George went to their dorm a little later and a few minutes later Hermione, Ginny and I went to our room too. Once at our dorm, they both walked into the bathroom to get ready, and I sat down on my bed to finally read my book.

"Hermione, Ginny have you seen my book? The red one with the silver writing?"

I searched my entire room and the two of them helped me but my book was nowhere to be found. Suddenly there was a knock on the door and George was standing in front of it ... with my book in his hand.

"Was down in the common room." he gave me the book and turned around to go.

"Georgie, thank you." I called after him.

He warmly smiled at me. "No problem."

I closed the door and held up the book.

"Got it."

A short time later, Hermione and Ginny were already in their beds. I turned on a little light so as not to wake them up and opened my book. Suddenly a small piece of parchment fell out of the book.

But that hadn't been in there before ....

I picked up the little brown piece of paper and stared at the illegible handwriting.

Astronomy tower. Meet me at midnight. Don't be late.

I looked confused at the letters. Was that a joke? Did someone tried pulling a prank on me? Maybe it was from Olivia and she planned to murder me up there. Even if I wanted to ignore it, I was too curious to just ignore it. I waited untill 11:40 and checked if everyone was asleep.