30. Only me

A.N: Song recomended for the beginning:  I found- Amber run 

I walked outside through the empty corridors. It was pleasantly warm outside, despite the rain cloud that had formed over the castle. This time I just hoped not to meet George, Fred, Draco, Cedric, Riddle or anyone else, but just to be able to take a walk without interruptions.

And it looked like it would work this time too. I was walking along the lake when the rain got stronger until it was pouring rain. I kind of enjoyed it though. The cold rain that ran down my body, my now soaking wet hair that partly fell on my face, it felt so liberating together with the music that came from my headphones.

I closed my eyes and let the world revolve around me. It felt like there was only me in that moment. Like this was about me, and it probably sounded extremly stupid, but I felt so free in that moment. Free of all those deep thoughts I carried with me all day, free of the presure to make it perfect for everyone. Only me...

I felt the cold wind blowing into my face and briefly closed my eyes. The only thing I heard was the music that was playing through my headphones, and I couldn't hear anything from my surroundings. I took a deep breath and enjoyed the moment of calm, loneliness. I liked being around my friends, but at some point everyone needed a break from everything. I walked a little further and finally sat down on a bench somewhere by the lake.

The rain had calmed down a little and a few rays of sun broke through the gray cloud cover in the sky. It was precisely these moments that made life worth living. But not for long, my thoughts and worries brought me back to reality. 

Fred, Draco, everything was still strange. We still didn't know who had put a curse on me and so I was still in danger. I didn't know why Draco was upset, and every time I tried to start a conversation with Fred he would walk away. Why couldn't it be like before, when I hated Draco, when Fred, George and I were still the perfect trio, and when Cedric was just a strange Hufflepuff student and Riddle wasn't in this school ... Since the summer everything had just gotten more complicated and I didn't like that at all.

But as much as I wished it would get better, it wasn't like that. It would never be like that.

Life was not "easy" or "normal" and it kept getting more and more difficult by the time. And then it occurred to me how much I had actually already mastered. I had gotten rid of my bitchy cousin, had conquered the boy of my dreams, I had become friends with my enemies. And I knew that I would be able to deal with the situation now.

This is exactly why I loved walks, the calm gave you enough space to think, to think clearly and not to despair in the crowd. I was slowly starting to get cold and I knew that I probably had a cold after the rain, but I needed that.

I ran back to the castle, glad that I had finally had some rest for a long time. I stopped just before the common room and took a deep breath, enjoying the last few seconds of rest before I finally went inside.

"y/n there you are! Ginny said you wanted to go for a short walk and I was worried. Come here." George held up a blanket and put it over my shoulders to save me from catching a cold.

He pulled me into a tight hug and wiped the wet hair off my face, tucking it behind my ear.

"Come on we'll get you some dry clothes love." he kissed my forehead and led my upstairs.

"Couple goals!" Ginny called after us as we walked upstairs to George's room.

When I opened the door I froze in shock for a second. Fred was standing at the window with his back to me, but when he heard George entering the room he turned around and stared at me, startled. It was obvious that he hadn't expected me here.