The First Step

Your eyes slowly open as you awake. You blink a few times to get the blurriness out of your vision. As you look around, you see all of the students are still asleep. You turn and look out the large windows in the ballroom, and see the sun come up over the horizon.

You hear your scroll ping.

You dig the scroll out of your pocket and go to your messages, where you see a new message from Ozpin.

Ozpin: (Y/N), come to my office.

You put your scroll back into your pocket.

(Y/N): Wait, how did he know I was awa- Ah, whatever...

You head to the nearest bathroom and brush your teeth. Then, you throw on a pair of blue jeans and an Olive Green t-shirt.

You then make your way to Ozpin's office. As you reach the top floor of the tower, Ozpin looks up from his computer.

Ozpin: Ah, thank you for coming, Mr. (Y/N).

(Y/N): No problem Oz. So, what's up?

Ozpin: Well, since you are not from Remnant, and do not have as much combat experience as the others, I wanted to give you something.

He opens the drawer of his desk and pulls out an object, which he places on his desk.

(Y/N): Um... what is this?

Ozpin: Well, I called in a favor from Dr Pietro, and got him to build this for you. It's a wrist mounted grappling hook. It can launch, and grapple you to most any surface. You can also cut all tension in the rope, and use it as a rope dart.

(Y/N): Woah... thank you Oz!

Ozpin: You are most certainly welcome.

(Y/N): Hey, Oz. I have a question.

Ozpin: Yes?

(Y/N): Well... I've never encountered a Grimm before, so what are they?

Ozpin: Well, in the Emerald Forest, they are primarily beowolfs and ursai, which are similar to wolves and bears. So I would suggest bringing some heavier artillery... Run along now, the entrance ceremony will begin in about an hour.

(Y/N): Okay, thanks again, Oz!

You run out of the office and enter the elevator.

Some Time Later

You stand in front of your armory in your room, thinking about what you want to use.

(Y/N): Hmmmm, heavy artillery... I got it!

You grab a 45/70, a .44 Anaconda and a tomahawk, as well as your KABAR.