Through the Forest

You ran after the examiner dodging trap after trap. This was kinda fun. The deeper you went into the forest, the thicker the fog got. 

Your thoughts are interrupted by a certain black haired kid, "Leorio! Kurapika! Yn! Killua says we should all move up to the front."

Leorio yells about how if he could be at the front he would already be there and Kurapika says that you'll meet them up there. You hold up your hand to show them that you were tied to your friend and not going anywhere. The two younger boys run on ahead.

You start to realize you're getting separated from the others and no longer following humans. Leorio, on the other hand, doesn't. You'd make sure to get to the finish line in time, but you could afford to have some fun first, right?

You let them continue to follow the nonhuman creatures ahead. The boys finally notice they weren't humans, but not until what appeared to be their heads fell off.

A giant turtle grabs another applicant in its jaw. And so it begins. 

More appear and continue to grab people. Leorio and Kurapika slowly back up towards each other, dragging you along.

"Time to fight," you ask with a wide smile. It would be fun to attempt to fight those things while being tied to your companion.

Your hand goes to your bag where your weapon was being kept. You could either keep it as a concealed weapon on your person, or in your bag.

You watch one attempt to bite Leorio, but he blocks it with a log. He forgets to let go of the log, however, and the turtle thing spins him around off the ground.

"Yeah, but we'll have to stay together since I doubt you'll allow me to cut this," he shows you the thread that was still connecting you.

"Nope," you wouldn't think of making this less challenging. You'd just follow his movements. You pull out one of your two weapons, a boomerang with a knife blade at one end, and get ready to fight.

Kurapika insists on saving the trash pile and attacks the creature thrashing him around. You reluctantly follow him into the air, tossing your boomerang in time to hit a beast sneaking up behind you. 

The creature let's go and, unfortunately, Leorio is released and unharmed.

You jump back down with Kurapika and regroup with the pile of trash. Kurapika insists you run away. You follow disappointed you didn't get to have any more fun. Why does he always have to be so responsible at times like these.

You continue running and the boys realize you've lost sight of the examiner. You could tell them you were probably able to find your way back, but there was still time left and you still wanted to have some fun.

You were off in daydream world when you get pulled back by the thread. Dang it. What now?

The boys had stopped. You sigh and look to where the dumpster was pointing. There was the clown guy, Hisoka, surrounded by some other applicants. Bad idea boys. That dude was way out of their league. Why in the world were they challenging him?

The clown guy says something about "playing examiner" and, just like you thought, he takes them all out with a single attack. He killed all of them with cards.

The card guy notices your small group. They really sucked at hiding. Well, you supposed this could be fun. He would be dangerous though and you really didn't want to fight him with these two around. You look at your companions who had frozen. Yep, fighting right now was a bad idea, no matter how fun it sounded. 

You wondered if the younger boys were faring better.

Hisoka starts taking a few steps towards your group. You could sense the fear coming from your companions. Positioning yourself in front of them, you await instructions ready to pounce.