Chapter 1: Transformation

"Do you really think it's safe to choose an Ultra Beast for this project? Wouldn't it be better to try on some of the test subjects?"

A young, newly graduated scientist of the Aether Foundation asked his supervisor with a concerned look on his face.

"The power of the evolution energy is far too strong, Keahi, even the strongest of the test subjects wouldn't make it." The blonde middle-aged man, Faba, replied, looking towards his subordinate through the huge lime-tinted glasses. The wide collar of his white coat covered most of his neck up to his goatee beard, with the golden Aether emblem attached to the corner of it. The subordinate nodded obediently as he took position behind a large lever, as he had been ordered previously.

Faba adjusted a couple of cables attached to a big, battery-like tube and pressed some buttons. A narrow, rectangular window on the tube revealed a blueish glowing mass inside of it. The cables connected to it led to a metallic cube-shaped container, of size enough to fit an adult man. 

On the floor inside the cube lay a creature. It resembled a figure of origami, about 30cm from what looked like its feet to the top of its head. An unconscious Pokémon. It had traveled through an Ultra Wormhole that the Aether Foundation managed to open artificially.

"There..." Faba said with a smirk, narrowing his eyes at the prepared work. A small container of transparent liquid consisting of human DNA was attached to the tube. The man walked to the stall where his subordinate was waiting in front of the lever. 

"Pull it."

With all the force he had, Keahi pulled the large, heavy lever. A blue light filled the room, a flash so intense that they both had to cover their eyes. A sudden noise of explosion had their ears ringing as the cube was blown into pieces.

---

All I saw was blinding, blueish light before my eyes as I woke up. I folded myself forward into a sitting position. Within the same second, my limbs expanded massively, violently changing in shape; My legs and arms were no longer flat like paper- they were round, growing longer and longer, thicker and thicker, branching into five smaller extensions on each limb. The feeling was shocking and physically painful, as if someone was stretching me out from all corners- every cell of my body hurt intensively. I could feel my face distorting strangely and thin threads growing in masses like grass from the scalp of my head. From the large hole forming itself on my face that was my mouth, I felt an instinct to deeply inhale and scream. 

With all force I had, I screamed. Desperately.

Where am I... is this a dream...? 

I got up on my feet, looking down onto my strange, new body. The only thing that remained the same was my wings, except for now being larger, matching my size. I felt huge. No Kartana had ever been this big. When trying to look around as the strong light faded, I couldn't recognize the place, but I also couldn't remember where I came from. I could only remember her...

Celesteela... 

As I turned around, my eyes fell on two beings that looked the same as me, but they were cloaked in white fabric. One tall and with the same light skin color as I; his head-grass had a faded, yellowish color, the other one somewhat more compact and slightly browner skin, with dark brown grass on his head.

"Where am I? Who are you? Who am I?" I asked, in the language I knew.

The tall man had water running from his cheeks and somehow, it looked like he was in bliss. The shorter man changed his expression into a frown, not seeming to understand what I was saying. Although, he was much taller than I, despite how big I suddenly was.

"It sounds like it's speaking backwards, like a rewinded tape..." the shorter one said.

"Who cares how it speaks!" the tall man burst out in his happiness. "Look at it! Look how absolutely marvelous it is!!!"

It...

As they spoke, I could immediately adapt to their language. From the start, I understood all that they said. I repeated my questions, this time in their language.

Suddenly they both seemed to be in shock.

"It... really... talks..." the shorter one said.

However it was possible, the tall man seemed even more blissful than the moment before. Out of joy, he laughed, suddenly putting his arm around his companion's neck, punching him lightly on the shoulder. The short one chuckled as the mood rubbed off on him.

---

"Zero-Four, please come with me." a human voice spoke as I was escorted out from the darkness. I silently obeyed. In a relatively small room, they first had me standing against a tape on the wall, then standing on a plate with a tiny screen on it. The blonde man was there. He seemed to be at most places I was escorted to.

"158 centimeters, 16 kilos..." one of the labcoat-dressed humans said.

"Marvelous!" the tall, blonde leader replied, clasping his hands together with a wide grin. "Let's proceed to the samples!" he said and within seconds I was tied to a chair, tilted backwards in an almost laying down position.

I winced as they pierced me with needles and extracted fluids from my body.

"It seems similar as of a human." a woman in a lab coat said, turning to the man, whose name was Faba.

"Beautiful..." Faba said, gazing at my pained face.