13

I was doing the logical thing to do when you're having a slight crisis.

Running my ass off on the treadmill. I couldn't turn my mind off from last night. When I was dancing with Chase, it felt like fireworks were erupting in my chest. The confidence when he grabbed my waist, the way his voice sounded in my ear, the way he sang. A shiver went through my body as I reluctantly turned down the speed to zero and climbed off. I grabbed a towel from the shelf and walked back into my living room, wiping the sweat off me as I went.

"Have a nice run?" Bella asked from her position on my couch, a damp towel over her eyes.

"Yes, and you two could have joined me if you weren't hungover as shit." I scolded her. Isla and Bella had gotten absolutely drunk last night. I finally had to drag them to the car at 3 am.

"I can't say no to free booze." Bella replied, waving me off.

"Yeah, you couldn't say no to sucking Asher's face off either." I said, plopping down on the couch, waking Isla up from her second nap of the day.

"Bitch." Isla muttered, shoving me gently.

"Anyways, Bella. I'm waiting." She hadn't even mentioned Asher yet, and I was starting to think she regretted the whole night.

"Keep on waiting, then." She said lowly as she pressed her face into the throw pillow.

"I know that voice! You like him." Isla shot up with newfound energy, trying to pull Bella's head away from the pillow.

"Okay, okay. Fine. He was a good kisser, and he wasn't boring. Okay, he was actually really funny." Bella eyes glazed over as she looked lost in thought. "And how hot was he when he played the guitar?"

"Totally." Isla agreed, glancing up at me with a smile.

"So... are you going to hang out with him again, or what?" I asked, trying not to let on about my knowledge of Asher's feelings for her.

"I don't know. He didn't ask for my number." Bella pouted.

"I'm sure he will." I assured her, patting her arm gently. My phone began vibrating, I picked it up and saw it was Brock calling.

"Hey, Brock." I greeted him, wondering why he was calling me.

"Indie, hey. How are you?" Brock asked, his voice sounded nervous.

"I'm doing okay. How are you?"

"I'm good. I was just calling to ask if you were coming to my party tonight?"

I remembered Brock bringing it up a couple times during English this week, but it totally slipped my mind. "Oh, um..."

"You forgot?" He cut me off, his voice disappointed.

"Uh- no, no. It's just Bella and Isla are nursing serious hangovers today so I'm not sure if they'll want to go out again."

"Please, Indie. It's my birthday." He pleaded.

Damn, guilt trip. "Okay, okay. I don't know how long we'll stay though. Wait, Evan isn't going to be there right?" If Evan was going, I wouldn't be.

"No, he's not invited. Don't worry. The address is 1287 Orchard Crescent." His voice perked up, and I could practically hear the smile on his face.

"Wait, that's like 4 doors down from me." I had no idea Brock was my neighbour.

"I know."

"How did I not know that?" I asked him.

"Because you've never come to any of my parties before."

"Well, I guess we'll change that tonight. I'll see you later Brock." I hung up the phone, and looked at Isla and Bella.