30

"Dude," Evan's voice rang out, "let her go."

I sighed as I shook my head against Chase's chest. How could he? How could he have the nerve? I closed my eyes as I breathed in Chase's scent again, praying that he wouldn't actually listen to Evan, and that he wouldn't let me go.

"Indie, did you hear me?" Evan called again, and I could tell by the sound of his voice that he had walked closer to us.

I didn't want to answer him, because all I could feel was anger.

How could he?

"I don't think she wants to talk to you," Chase surprised me by answering. I opened my eyes to peak back up at him. He was looking at Evan with as much disgust as I felt.

"I think she can talk for herself," Evan sneered, when I felt his hand on my arm.

I yanked it away from him, finally looking towards him. I must have worn my anger on my face, because he looked confused at my reaction.

"Indie, what are you doing? Who is this guy?" Evan asked me, gesturing towards Chase.

I wondered if Evan lived in an alternate reality, one where he thought he could have any say in what I did or who I did it with. He didn't, not after he cheated on me. But, especially because he never even reached out to me in the last month. Not once.

"Go away," I mumbled, turning my head so it nestled back into Chase's sweater.

I don't know what Chase was thinking, but the way his arms were tightly holding me was enough reassurance that he wasn't going to leave me alone with Evan.

"Indie, are you serious?" Evan asked me, and it sounded like he was exasperated. "It's been a month. Are you really still mad at me, babe?"

"Listen, man," Chase spoke again. "She asked you to go away. Didn't you hear her? You should listen to her. She clearly doesn't want to speak to you right now."

"Or ever," I added, though my voice was mumbled so I wasn't sure if anyone heard me.

It was silent, so I hoped Evan walked away, until I felt his hand on my arm again, he was trying to pull my from Chase's chest. But, I didn't budge. I wanted to stay here.

"Indie, come on. Just talk to me, that's all I want, I just want to talk to you," Evan pleaded with me again, ignoring Chase's words all together.

The anger was rushing through me again. I could feel it like untapped electricity, like a shock that flys out of a rusted wire. How dare he?

"Did you not hear me?" I finally moved my head away from Chase's chest. I felt Chase loosen his grip around my back, so that I could move away from him freely.

"I said, I don't want to talk to you. I said, go away. What aren't you getting? Why do you think I would ever want to talk to you again, Evan?" I could feel my voice raising, but I couldn't stop it.

Evan looked startled at my words, and so did the multiple people who had stopped to stare at the scene I was making. Well, I wasn't sure who was making it- me or Evan.

"Because, in case I'm not remembering properly, you cheated on me. You fucked someone who wasn't me. You lied to me about everything. You did all those things, not me," I was yelling by now, and I was sure that everyone in hallway was looking.

I felt Chase's hand on my shoulder, pulling me towards him. I felt my back hit his chest, and he was tall enough that his head dwarfed over my own. Evan opened his mouth to say something, probably to try and gaslight me into trying to forgive him, but I didn't let him.