Chapter Two

Uraraka sighed for the umpteenth time, still not quite believing her luck. After moving into the dorms earlier this week, the entire class decided on drawing lots to divide all the chores that needed to be done.

It was Iida's idea, unsurprisingly, which was seconded by Momo. No one else bothered to question the two class representatives' suggestion, and went along with it. The buddy assignment would last for a month, and would be reshuffled in the next one. That way it would promote in-house camaraderie and teamwork, or so they claim.

She was all for it really. It made a lot of sense. Heroes would be forced to work with all kinds of people, and would have to be able to adjust accordingly at any given time. She acknowledged their point, and she even voted in agreement.

That was, until Bakugo's name got pulled out right after hers.

She told herself it would be fine. It was just house chores after all. How hard could it be? But when he boldly announced to the entire class that she better not get in his way, she knew their partnership was doomed to fail before it even began.

She sighed again as she stared at the hunched back of the grumbling blonde walking few paces in front of her. It wasn't enough that she had to be stuck with him for the next month, they just had to be assigned to grocery shopping on the first week.

She watched him stomp in through the automatic doors of the supermarket, grabbing a cart along the way. She pulled out the list of food items in her pocket, jogging right after him. "We need to get some milk, bread, cheese-" She huffed when she realized he walked right ahead, completely ignoring her. "Hey, I said-"

"I got it!" He yelled back without looking at her, pushing the cart through the isle full of bread.

Uraraka took a deep breath in, exhaling it slowly as she followed after him. She narrowed her eyes when she saw him push through the shelves without getting anything. She clicked her tongue, grabbing the loaves of sliced bread herself. She dropped all four packets into the cart, making the loudmouth blonde stop in his tracks.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?"

She looked at him oddly. "Checking off items on the list." She pointed back at the isle they just passed through. "Didn't you hear what I said? We need bread."

He bent down to grab the items out of the cart. "These damn things aren't bread! They're just pathetic lumps of flour and yeast!"

Uraraka watched him put the loaves back into the shelves, eying him like she would a madman. "Well, what else is bread made of?" She saw him throw her a scandalized look.

"Are you- Bread is more than that!" He paused to push one of the packages near her face. "Do you see any grains in this crap? Nothing! They don't even use whole wheat in this shit!"

She blinked, taking a moment to just… look at him. She knew he was a perfectionist in school, but did he have to be so anal about this too? She watched him move towards the other end of the grocery store, making his way towards the bakery. She let out a tired sigh, trying her best not to argue as she followed after him.

"I'll have the sprouted whole grain, sourdough, 100% whole wheat loaf, flax bread, also some rye and…" He paused, scrutinizing the information written below each of the items. "Do you use whole wheat in all your bread?"

Uraraka watched as he conversed with one of the people behind the counter. Was he seriously asking them how long their sourdough had been fermented? She shook her head. Of course he would be a food snob as well! It was the perfect addition to his growing list of 'admirable' personality attributes. She rolled her eyes.