𝘐𝘟. 𝘚𝘛𝘈𝘙𝘚𝘛𝘙𝘜𝘊𝘒

TEENAGE KICKS

CHAPTER NINE: CANDY HEARTS

THAT MORNING, RORY got up, stared at herself in the mirror for a minute, actually put thought into what she wore, and even applied a little lipgloss

THAT MORNING, RORY got up, stared at herself in the mirror for a minute, actually put thought into what she wore, and even applied a little lipgloss. Cindy had come over to pick her up so that she could rate her outfit before driving them both to the high school (something the brunette definitely wasn't looking forward to).

"Ok, there's Johnny...and there's Daniel? Ooooh, he's walking with Ali" Cindy droned on, not noticing how the girl next to her was tugging at her pink skirt paired with a plaid stitched sweater.

Finally looking up, Rory shook her head "I don't think I can do this Cindy, take me back home"

"Look at me Rory, who has the most confidence and zero fucks in this school?" she grabbed the girl's shoulders to stare into her eyes.

"Susan?"

Cindy shook her head "No. You, dummy! Now go and get your man!"

She pushed her forward making the girl slightly stumble and quickly straighten her back. Rory gave herself a short pep talk before confidently striding towards where her brother and the two others stood.

"must be take-a-worm-for-a-walk week!" one of Johnny's friends yelled at the retreating back of Daniel. The brunette turned to laugh at the angry faces of the group, but his eyes went to the girl behind them.

Rory felt more confident with the awe-stricken look on the boy's face, patting her brother on the shoulder as she continued towards the LaRusso boy. readjusting the books in her arm and ignoring the glare coming from Ali, Rory came to stop in front of them.

"Hey, Danny" she tucked a strand of hair behind her newly cut hair, biting down softly on her bottom lip. Rory wanted to gag, never having imagined herself becoming the one type of girl she hated most in the world.

Daniel nodded in a daze, shaking his head once he realized she had said hello "Oh, uh hey Aurora...I-I like your hair"

The girl laughed softly, brushing her hair off her shoulder to showcase her painted nails "thanks, I wasn't sure if I liked it, but I do now" He laughed even though it wasn't funny, not paying attention to the blonde girl beside him that was angry over not having his attention anymore. "I was wondering if you were free Friday, I was planning to head down to a drive-in movie place"

"He can't" Ali jumped in, grasping the boy's arm in her hand with a teasing smirk "we're going out, so he's busy"

Rory frowned falsely, not actually caring if he was busy since all his attention seemed to be on her glossy lips "aw, that's a shame. I was really excited...guess I'll just ask Jamie from Pre-calc to go with me" Daniel's eyes widened, flickering from her to where Jamie was seen talking to Johnny behind her.