6

i tapped my hands against the table as i looked at the scene around me

i tapped my hands against the table as i looked at the scene around me. why where we in America?....  California at that. well i wasn't sure.

not like i cared really. My dads company wasn't supposed to be expanding here for another month. maybe he just wanted to scope out the place? this was my first time outside of Korea. It was alright. things were obviously different here then back home but it wasn't all bad.

Anything away from the loads of business men and fake people that surround my dad was a breathe of fresh air.

i huffed sitting back a bit. there was a lot of people in this restaurant though. it was kinda annoying to be around so many people at once. even though i was hungry. I'd rather be in my hotel room ordering room service. 

Not making things any better... my dad wouldn't let me order anything until his friend got here. so i was sort of in a sour mood. Here i thought we were getting a break away from his friends..... yet we are just meeting most likely another savy business partner.

i jumped out of my daze when i felt hands on mine, i frowned looking over to the side but my frown vanished when i realized it was my mom.

Mom:  ji? are you oka?

she asked quietly i smiled at her. nodding my head.

my mom was a sweet lady who didn't talk much. she was very soft spoken. she really melted my heart sometimes. i'm not much of an affectionate person nor do i enjoy holding conversations. but for her i'd do anything.

Me: yes, i'm fine don't worry.

she smiled softly.

Mom: oka. i'm sure they'll be here soon.

they???... who was she referring too ? i thought we were meeting one of my dads friends?

before i could open my mouth to speak a voice spoke causing all of our attention to follow it.

"Sorry to keep you all waiting"

there stood a guy who was slightly built in a very casual suit. he held a bright smile. he had a clean cut and sharp eyes. he looked well put together. 

my dad stood up hugging the man. while my mom smiled. i just sat back examining their interactions.

Dad: Nonsense ! your right on time.

they held a tight hug. 

mmm? i wonder how long my dad has known him....or was he just one of his cali connects for the upcoming expansion. 

my dad stepped back before pointing to my mother.

Dad: this is my wife Melony and my son Namji