Chapter 2

------------------------------------------

"Okay honey, enjoy your first day of middle school my darling," the mother said tenderly to her daughter.

"Yes mommy," the daughter smiles up at her as she hoisted up her bright pink backpack over her tiny shoulders.

"And you remember not to talk to any strangers while you're walking home right? Follow the red ribbons I tied on the stop signs to find your way home dear," the mother's voice shook with unease.

A mother's greatest fear is worrying about her own daughter's safety and the possible dangers that can hurt her child.

"Yes mom, I know, follow the red ribbons and don't get any rides from anyone I don't know. Don't worry mother," her daughter kisses her mother's soft cheek and the bells rung through the warm, crusty air.

"I love you mom!!" The daughter cried out as she ran straight for school.

A great shadow loomed over the mother as she watched her daughter run straight into a safe heaven for children..

That was the last time she had seen her daughter...

-------------------------------------------

"Jenn! Our train is here,"I hear Angel say as he shook my shoulders.

"Oh my god! Let's go," I shook my head and hopped off of the bench and into the luxury train.

As we took our seats I swear I could feel someone staring behind my head. I slowly twisted my body to look behind me but all I could see were people either sleeping or looking down at their laptops and cell phones. What the hell? I swear I felt eyes on me... I thought nervously. I shake the thoughts out of my head and believed it was just my imagination and the fact I was tired...

"Jenn? Are you okay? You seem... Nervous..." Angel asked with concern in his eyes.

"Yea, I'm fine, don't worry about it, I'm just tired," I crossed my arms and laid my head back on the head rest and forced my eyes to close. There's a strange feeling in my gut somehow...

I hear Angel sigh followed by a few shuffling from his duffle bag and then suddenly silence. He probably fell asleep.

I peeked with one eye open and sighed heavily. There's that strange feeling in my gut again... But why do I feel so tense? Back at the waiting station I remembered seeing something... A lost girl who was later considered to be missing in my dream... Who was she? And the mom... Her face looked so familiar but I can't quite put my finger on it...

For a couple of hours, I continue to remain awake due to my insomnia and I decided to switch the tv board on the head seat in front of me onto the news.

"It is currently the 3rd anniversary of little Jolie A. Beatrice death this month in March due to a murder and kidnap encounter with a mass serial killer known as 'Scissor Man' who has never been found..."

"Heh..." I smirk and shake my head profoundly. Really? Scissor man? You've got to be kidding me... That has to be the most stupid mass murder name on this planet! But then again...
I leaned in closer to the screen and listened as hard as I could.

"It has been 3 years since Jolie's passing and investigators has decided to close this significant case as unsolved. Many has said that Scissor man is dead, other believe that he's still alive. Scissor man is to be said that he attacks 5 times every year and for now there are no cases that shows of his killings... Where is Scissor man?"

Scissor man...well there goes another crazy lunatic on the loose again. Not that surprised... Yet thinking about this mysterious serial killer gives me the chills and a hint of excitement. This is exactly what I'm looking for! A case like this can win over my audience and spice up my mood for some serious crime investigating. Something like this could make my book even better... Brutal. Mysterious. Horrific. And of course unknown.

A sharp pain shot through the left side of my head and I clenched my teeth in pain.. "Shit... A headache..." I whimpered as I cradled my forehead in both of my hands. "That hurts like hell..."

I took a deep breath and sighed heavily trying to relax my body. Reluctantly, I got out my white iPod and plugged my headphones into my ear and tuned in to some Guns n' Roses songs. Slowly my eyes began to close and I allowed myself to fall into a deep, calm slumber.

--------------------------------------------

I felt a looming figure stand over me as I slept... Something brushed up my arm and I assumed that was Angel sleep punching the air again. But... Something doesn't feel right. A sharp object slowly caressed my upper left arm and suddenly I felt something puncture my left rib. The left side of my body tingled and I swear I can feel my left arm uncontrollably shake.

Oh my god! What the hell?! My entire body began to shake and I think I screamed, "I have to wake up! I'm dreaming! Wake up!"

The sharp object poked at my neck playfully and I whimpered, "please... Please don't," between sobs. Suddenly I felt the sharp object slowly cut vertically across my neck and warm liquid started spewing out like a water sprinkler. I am going to die....

I then felt something or someone shaking my shoulders. "Jenn! Wake up, we're here".

It was Angel's voice.

Suddenly I awaken, breathing loud and hard and I gasp for more air. My eyes were wide open and I looked up into Angel's eyes, adjusting the fact that I fell asleep and that my neck and my ribs were still attached together as one.

"Oh my god... What the hell did I just dream?"

**hello peeps! If you like this chapter, make sure to vote and I'll be sure to complete the next part of chapter 3!!**