Betrayal

This is a one-shot of what I would have liked to happen during 1x19, when Shim Su-ryeon faces Oh Yoon-hee in Hera Palace about Min Seol-ah's real killer.

Happy reading!
—————

"Is this your answer?" Shim Su-ryeon asked Oh Yoon-hee after accusing her and showing her the evidence that incriminated her in the murder of her daughter. Yoon-hee looked at her with red and watery eyes, but didn't say a word. The only sound in the house was the ring bell announcing Joo Dan-tae's arrival. Su-ryeon allowed the hot tears to roll down her pale cheeks. She could feel the knife full of betrayals and lies stabbing her. "Say something!" she said between sobs. Oh Yoon-hee swallowed.

"I didn't do it," Yoon-hee replied with a broken voice. Su-ryeon covered her mouth with her right hand. She was lying to her in her own face. "I didn't kill your daughter," she said in an attempt to convince herself that she hadn't done it.

"It was you. You killed my Min Seol-ah for Ro-na. I thought that you were a good person, but you ended up hurting me like nobody else," Su-ryeon whispered coldly. Oh Yoon-hee shook her head in denial as she destroyed the results proving that her DNA matched with that of the murderer.

"No. I didn't kill her! I didn't do it!" Oh Yoon-hee yelled, stepping forward as she grabbed her old friend by the collar of her brown coat to bring her closer to her. "I am not a murderer," she added, ignoring the tears wetting her cheeks. She refused to accept what she was being accused of.

"You're not even sorry," Su-ryeon stated, clenching her teeth. She grabbed Oh Yoon-hee's wrists and pushed her away. The younger woman stepped back, nearly losing her balance. "You won't apologize either. What kind of monster are you?! How can you sleep at night?! What I did to you doesn't compare to what you did to me. I might have used you, but you did something far worse. You killed a part of me for what? A place in Cheong-A Arts School?" Su-ryeon asked her, stepping forward. Yoon-hee went backwards. "I trusted you! I loved you! I cared for you! And what did you do in return? You betrayed me, Oh Yoon-hee!" she finished, pointing at the small screen that showed an impatient chairman waiting outside her house. Yoon-hee bit her lip as she saw herself cornered between the wall and Su-ryeon. Their gazes met before she broke the eye contact. She felt disgusted by her past actions. She could not change the past, but she could change her present. Oh Yoon-hee swallowed and walked pass her. Shim Su-ryeon's hands turned into fists. She was so disappointed in her. She had been a fool to trust her. She closed her eyes as she gave in and didn't stop the uncontrollable tears from ruining her makeup. Suddenly, a warm hand around her left wrist brought her back to the real cruel world. She was ready to face her husband's rage and the consequences of her actions. However, her eyes didn't meet his, but hers.

"Come with me," Oh Yoon-hee whispered, tightening her grip on her wrist. Su-ryeon didn't say anything. She was too hurt to even speak, so she just followed her, not sure if she was being fooled again. Yoon-hee took her to her bedroom and asked her to get inside the closet. Shim Su-ryeon looked so vulnerable and tired. Something inside Yoon-hee broke as well. She was waking up from a lie. Reality was hitting her. "I-I'll make it up to you," she said, sniffing and wiping away the tears that were blurring her vision. Su-ryeon looked at her but didn't open her mouth. She wasn't sure she could be trusted. Oh Yoon-hee nodded to her silence and she realized that it hurt her more than any other words she had been told. She cleared her throat, closed her closet's doors, and cleaned her face before meeting Joo Dan-tae.

"Oh Yoon-hee, what took you so long? Where is she?" the chairman asked her, looking around the empty room, anxiously.

"She left when she noticed that I had called you. I tried to stop her, but she didn't listen to me," Oh Yoon-hee lied, folding her arms across her chest.