Chapter 3

A/N: Sorry for not updating in over a week. I will try to update more often now!

After Jamie went back inside, Devin and Paul waited for everyone to go to sleep. Paul sat down on a tree stump and called Devin over. Devin, thinking there were walkers grabs his gun.

"No need for your gun Dev, I just wanted to talk. You're starting to seem paranoid."
"I'm just looking out for our group. I would be dead if if it wasn't for these people."
"Well let's just relax and have a little chit chat."
"Okay. What did you want to talk about?"
"What was your life like before the outbreak?"
"You know, it's hard to remember anything before this whole world end thing, but I was married and had two daughters. I loved my family more then anything ad I would do anything for them to be here with me." Devin was starting to tear up. You could tell this was a sensitive topic to him.
"What happened to them?"
"When the first signs of this disease were discovered, the military was brought in to evacuate the town. They went to the military base and I stayed behind. We were allowed to talk on CB radios for around a week but then they went cold. I was going to head to the base just three miles from my town, but then I seen the bodies laying everywhere. I hadn't been outside in weeks. I stayed inside ever since the government ordered everyone to stay inside. So I headed outside and began walking through the woods, then I found this group."
Wow I didn't know you've been through so much."
"Yeah but this is my new family."
"Well I think it's time for some sleep."
"Yeah it's getting really late."
"Grab that bucket if water and put this fire out," moaned Paul.

Devin grabbed the bucket and splashed the water on the fire. When it was completely out they headed back to the cabin. Paul layer in his sleeping bag and was asleep within five minutes. Devin lie there awake.