Teri Meri Baatein

Shivaay's P.O.V.

I entered home after a long day of work. Finally. Ahh. Being tired, I was about to go towards my room when a voice stopped me.

"Shivaay. You're home. Come, I'll heat your food up," my mom, Pinky Singh Oberoi spoke. I sighed knowing the topic she'll bring up while I eat and followed her. I sat on my chair as mom kept the food on the table before settling in front of me.

"You should now think of fixing your marriage date, Shivaay," mom spoke, making me sigh. "I just got engaged a week ago, mom. We can wait a bit before getting married," I replied. "You've known Tia for so long now, Shivaay. What's the problem in getting married," she retaliated, making me speak a bit loudly, "I really don't want to speak about it right now, mom." She sighed listening to me. Closing my eyes and gulping down my anger, I tried explaining her calmly, "Mom, I need some time. Please. I have some work right now, I'll be late. Don't wait for me," kissing her forehead, I got up and left home.

There are only two things in the world which can calm me down. First, my brothers, Om and Rudra. And secondly, the sound of waves crashing against the shore. Knowing that it's late and OmRu must be asleep right now, I made my way towards the beach.

Sitting on top of a rock, that I usually settle on, I sighed before discarding my jacket and keeping it on my lap. I closed my eyes, basking in the peaceful cold air that blew. Inhaling the fragrance of nature, I smiled slightly which soon turned to confusion as I smelt coffee.

I turned to my side only to notice a girl, about Om's age, passing me a cup of my favourite espresso from Starbucks, with a small smile on her face. I didn't know what to do. Will accepting coffee from a stranger be safe, considering I don't have less business rivals all over the world?

As if she knew my thoughts, she opened her mouth to speak. "Don't worry. I'm not any enemy. I just saw you sitting here, lonely, so I offered this. Do you mind if I sit? It's okay if you want to be alone. I can leave." "You speak a lot, don't you" I replied, looking at her speaking non-stop. She blushed and bit her lower lip, before replying, "Sorry. May I?" I nodded my head which made her settle on the rock beside me.

She forwarded me the cup of coffee which I accepted and sipped reluctantly, only to be surprised. It was just the way I like my coffee. I looked at her only to find her staring at me. The moment our eyes met, she shifted her own to look towards the waves.

"I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable by staring. It's just unbelievable that I am actually sitting beside The Shivaay Singh Oberoi," she spoke nervously, which made me chuckle. "So you know me?" "Who doesn't? I mean, I don't know about the world but the whole India surely knows you. Especially, business students like myself. After all, we had to do case studies on you," she spoke non-stop making me shocked. How can someone speak so much and so fast? Well, some can. Like my own, Rudy.

"Yeah. It sucks being a celebrity. Everyone knows everything about us. Everyone expects something from us. We need to ensure that our family's reputation is intact," I spoke sighing heavily. She simply smiled at me and spoke, "I understand. You know, sharing things with a stranger calms one's heart. And don't worry, I won't leak anything. I have a flight to catch in four hours anyway."

I sipped the coffee, she brought me. It helped me calm my nerves. Yes. I am a celebrity. The best businessman in India. The youngest entrepreneur to achieve success this fast, in the world. Because of all this, media is always behind me. There's no privacy at all. Some things can't be shared with my brothers as well. Hence, I decided to try what she said. She seemed trustworthy. Being a businessman, I do have a good judge of character.

"My mom wants me to get married. As soon as possible," I spoke. I felt her going still but only for a moment. I think I imagined her reaction because I found her smiling at me later. "So? What's the big deal?" she asked in a soft tone.

"I don't know. We dated for so long but I don't know. Whenever the topic of marriage comes up, I just don't think I'm ready. I know for a fact that, some day or the other, I will marry and it'll be her for sure. But I don't know when will I be ready." She didn't lift her eyes from the view in front as she heard me speak.

After some time of silence, she replied, "Marriage is a big responsibility, Mr. Oberoi. But with the right person, it doesn't feel so. I have seen my own parents. So in love at fifty as if they're still twenty one." I don't know for sure but I guess I did see her wiping a drop of tear from the corner of her eyes. Sighing heavily, she looked at me with a broad smile and continued, "So, Mr. Oberoi, do what your heart says. It's not business, where you think with your brain. It's love. You think from here," she poked lightly at my chest.

I couldn't help but smile at her. After some moments of blissful silence, I watched as she got up from beside me, making me confused. I looked at her questioningly to which she replied, "Got to catch a flight, Mr. Oberoi. Take care." I replied with a "Have a safe flight" and looked as she walked to her car.

I kept staring as her car left the place, hoping to get a last glance at her but sadly, that didn't happen. Hell, I even forgot to ask her name. I was surprised at how easy she made it for me to come to a decision. She was just like Om. Her words were as deep as his minus the shayaari.

Taking a deep breath, I finally got up and made my way towards home.