Chapter 1 •The End of the Affair•

~Chapter 1~

•The End of the Affair •

{Chicago 1920s}

*3rd Person POV*

Adelaide Mason had hear rumor that Niklaus and Rebekah were in Chicago and she decided to pay them a visit. Even though she was running from him, she still loved him and she was tired of running she wanted forgiveness from him for killing her entire family after he was turned. Adelaide had been dying of a fever back when she was human, before vampires even existed and Niklaus was in love with her. Even though everyone loved Tatia, people still adored Adelaide and that included the Original witch who was also Niklaus' mother. When Niklaus' family lost their youngest son, his mother and father wanted to make them immortal by turning them into vampires, but the Original witch also wanted to save Adelaide.

On the night of the full moon, the Original witch had used the Petrova blood to turn her children and Adelaide into blood thirsty monster, Niklaus' father had driven his sword through his children's hearts but after drinking the wine that Adelaide was given she died from the fever. Adelaide shook her head, No need to dwell in the past she thought as she entered Gloria's bar and spotted Niklaus. She slowly walked towards him and when he saw her he grinned "Adelaide." he said. 

*******

Gloria spotted Stefan which made him smile as she said "Guess who my eyes have just spied, ladies. Looking for a good time, Mr. Salvatore?" she asked as she swayed her hips to the music. "Save me a dance, Gloria." he said as he walked down the steps to the dance floor; Stefan went to grab the last wine glass from the waiter that was walking around but Rebekah grabbed it first which made Adelaide laugh quietly to herself. Rebekah started walking back to her table when Stefan turned around and watched her saying "Ooh. Please, help yourself." causing Rebekah to turn back towards him "Oh, I always do." she smiled causing him to reply "Hmm." and tilt his head a little and smile. Rebekah was still smiling as she slowly walked towards him in her gold dress and pears around her neck; her hair was curled and pulled back making it look shorter than it really was.

"Careful, Mr. Salvatore." she started as she got up close to him and put one arm on his shoulder before closing her eyes and licking the side of his lips getting the blood off as she pulled back she moved her lips towards his ear as her veins appeared and then disappeared "Your still wearing your date. She's lovely." she finished before pulling back smiling and walking away. But Stefan laughed quietly and grabbed her arm "No, no, no." he said and as he looked her over he said "Who are you?" All Rebekah did was blink then she put her finger to her lips and said "Shh." before continuing to walk away. Stefan smiled as he continued to watch her.

{Chicago 2011}

Stefan Salvatore leaned against the wall, looking at the city full of lights from the warehouse he and Klaus arrived at. "Chicago was magical." said Klaus as he slowly walked towards Stefan causing Stefan to nod his head in agreement "Yeah, well, I'll take you word for it. Like I said, I don't remember most of it." he said with his arms crossed over his chest, causing Klaus to smirk. Stefan sighed before walking pass Klaus, "Down to business, then?" asked Klaus as he slowly closed the door as he turned around watching Stefan's every move "Why am I still with you?" asked Stefan as he scratched the back of his head. Stefan's hair was still the same but it wasn't slicked back as it was in 1920, he was wearing jeans and a blue button up shirt, Klaus' hair was shorter but still blonde and he was wear dark color clothes. "We had our fun, your hybrids failed. I mean, don't you want to move on?" asked Stefan she he turned completely around.

Klaus had on a long-sleeve blue t-shirt on along with dark jeans; "We're going to see my favorite witch." said Klaus as he walked past Stefan with raised eyebrows and a smirk. "If anyone who can help us with our hybrid problem...its her." he continued as he stood in front of the open car door looking at Stefan.