Chapter II

-Sorrow-

"Hmm? This is very uncomfortable."

Three months have gone by ever since I've been given birth to and now, I can walk, talk and do everything a little kid is capable of. The thing that's wrong is my age of only three months in which by my appearance is that of a three year old girl. This could very well be the cause of being Half-ghoul but that would just mean my process of aging is way slower from an actual full fledged ghoul.

My mother seems to have expected this growth while my father seems to be on the process of thinking what to do with his situation. After all, if I had to guess my mother could be a ghoul while my father is a different race, possibly human. And because I inherited my mothers genes of a ghoul, I became a Half-Ghoul.

"A,"

Yeah, not worth trying to communicate. I can talk to myself pretty well, but when it means communicating with others. Pretty much impossible. I still got the choice of writing to communicate my thoughts so might as well do that. Gotta keep things short since from what I know paper if pretty expensive.

[Mother? What's wrong with father?]

"Oh, sweetie. Father is just making a tough choice that consists of the reputation of his family."

Sure I have a feminine appearance and no part in my bottom area that's a part of a male or female but still. Why would they just think of me as a female, I feel better being known as a male although probably will change as i continue to grow on the years to come.

Anyways, something new has been mentioned. Something about my father side of the family, if I'd have to guess, they must have a high standing if it's about their families reputation. Although I never once heard of his family, much less a family name. Chances are that he left his family and abandoned his family name and I didn't inherit their name. Although I have read about noble families in which many of them are divided into branches due to the many members of that family legacy.

"The Asura family is taking action against me for being a ghoul. After all their reputation as human nobility is at stake, even though Ruijerd abandoned that name a long time ago."

Asura? I feel as if I've heard of that family name before but can't remember where. Although, pretty much confirms my suspicions, mother is a ghoul and father is a human. Although father previously had a high standing as a noble and abandoned it all, of course the family would do something about it after all even if he leaves there are records and history of him being part of that family. What could be expected, even if you abandon your standing for a new life in the world, your history in the world will remain there with not much of a change in who you are.

[Will something bad happen?]

"Ugh? Hopefully not."

I guess this is harder on her for being the one discriminated the most. Even so, she's more human from what I've read about ghouls. She has human skin and features as well as a history in the world being part of the Milior Kingdom. Still, it worries me her respond. If we're not careful, our lives can go downhill for us.

I wouldn't want anything bad happening to our family even if it were part of the outer family.

......

I finished reading a large book titled Textbook of Magic. I couldn't understand every detail for certain types of magic and for the ones I did, I've acquired a skill.

'Appraisal.'

<Name:Arcus Species:Half-Ghoul  Lv:4

HP:100/100 MP:2/2 SA:40/50 SP:0/0 GD:Unavailable