CHAPTER 1 - NEW JOB, NEW HOMIES

She was a troubled kid. You could make out. But she also seemed surprisingly happy. What was it behind her ever shining smile? Well, after all, I'm just her nanny.All I have to do is take care of her. She was a pretty 7-year-old with a short height and grey eyes with something deep hidden in them.

"Lily, will you please come down and have breakfast with us?" she called out to me. She had a beautiful name, Christina but everyone liked calling her Chrissy. "Sure Chris. Just give me a minute." I responded back. As I climbed down the stairs, he bumped into me. Well, he had his own charms. Samuel was just undeniably attractive. He seemed quite happy every day. Chrissy loved him because he was the best cook in Manhattan and I really agree with her. He lives up to his profession. Today's breakfast was pancakes but since I didn't like them he prepared an egg roll for me. That was so sweet of him. "So how is the egg roll, Lil?" he asked with a nervous voice. I was stuffed with the roll so all I said was "wow". And we all laughed. Things seemed great. They made me feel at home so much that I almost forgot I moved in as Chris's nanny just yesterday.

I'm Lily Alvarez. I come from a rural village in Canada. Well, its not that rural but a village. Merickville is splendidly beautiful. My dad and I stayed together. I lost my mom when I was 6. She passed away one day by having a cardiac arrest. From then, it's just the two of us. 1 week ago I gave applications to many nanny jobs in New York. Three days back I got a call from Savana who was very happy to keep me as her daughter's nanny and here I was with a sweet little girl who I wanted to know even more than what she showed. Savana visits Manhattan only once a week as she's busy the whole week in her catering business at Las Vegas. So for the whole week it's just me, Samuel and Chris. They don't have a housekeeper as Savana likes every individual to do their own work that is from washing clothes and utensils to cleaning the allotted rooms. Chris doesn't like to do all the work and I help her with her chores without anyone knowing.

The days are going awesome with Chris being all naughty and good. I always loved children and she is such a sweetheart.

Today is a Saturday and Savana is home so I decided to go with Samuel for shopping so that they Chrissy and Savana would get some alone mother-daughter time. It was fun in the grocery store though. We had coffee and headed back to our apartment.

When we returned home, I saw a 35-year-old man knocking the door. Samuel went back to the store to get his phone which he forgot. I asked the man his name and he just stared at me weirdly. I opened the door with my keys and went in. I heard knocks on the door getting louder and louder as I went inside. It kind of made me scared a bit. I went in to see Savana and saw that she had put Chrissy to sleep. "Hey Savana. Can I ask you something?" She asked me what was bothering me and I told her about the weird man. She was worried but smiled at the same time. She quickly took her phone and showed me a picture. It was of that guy who I saw outside but he looked decent in the picture as compared to what I saw. "Was this him?" she asked with curiosity and worry." "Yes...yes...Do you know him Savana? Savana was quiet for a moment and sat down with a sweaty face. Then she seemed very upset I just couldn't come to know what was happening.

"That man in the picture was my husband and also Christina's father. But he died 5 years ago. I want to see him if you say he's outside." I was shocked. What do I say? But I didn't lie so I told her I will show as I could still hear the knocks. I opened the door and saw the man just 8 inches away from me staring weirdly at me. I told Savana to see but.... "Who's there Lily? I can't see anyone." I stood quiet as still as I could see and sense the bruised man stare at me in the eye and as Savana couldn't see anyone. What do I do? I was seeing a ghost. A ghost of Chrissy's father??????