~Chapter 6~

~(Kai, 2:30 a.m, one month later)~

One month...

One month... this had been going on, at eight o'clock sharp we were at the church and from eight till eight-thirty I will be laying on the ground and the cracking of the whip was the only sound that filled the room.

And when we got home around nine, my parents would go do their own things, my mom drinking wine and reading some sort of magazine and my dad going to read the paper and have a smoke, while I went upstairs to clean myself and either sleep until dinner or play video games, it's usually the latter. Sleeping was a way for me to think it takes all my problems away, but it doesn't do anything but give me the same dream again and again, where I see Jenny coming out from the plane crash in my backyard, and it wouldn't stop.

In fact, the dreams all started when I saw that tall man that was outside my window among the trees of the woods in the yard. So I started to blame the dreams on my imagination because that man couldn't have been real.

It was nearly Christmas, December twenty-second. Three more days...

The thought saddens me because Jenny would always come into my room as soon as she wakes up and sits on my bed, playing with my hair until I woke and say in a sing-song voice how many days were left until Christmas that would always make me smile. She was always someone to believe in things, Christmas one of the many things.

I looked out my big window watching as the snow fell down strongly and the wind blew quickly from the snowstorm outside, the snow was piling up quickly it was maybe one foot of snow by now, then I heard a loud bang from downstairs, I looked over my foot twitching followed my arm, I stood up from my window and went over to my door and opened it. Then my parents started to speak loudly at each other but they weren't yelling.

So I walked over to the white wooden stairs and started to go down them, once I reached the bottom my parents were going back and forth but dad soon noticed me and picked something up and threw it at me hitting my right eye making me fall to the ground. I looked up at them with a blank face "Such a fucking mistake!" he spit out and walked to the couch and my mother gave me a disgusted look and spit over my way going back to what she was doing.

But then something snapped inside me after that moment, and I slowly stood up and walked down the hall to the back door and soon reached the door. I slowly unlocked the door and opened it the wind had died down for a second so I quickly stepped outside and shut the door, for some strange reason I didn't feel very cold, I turned around the snow brushing against my bare legs and feet and started to trudge threw the deep snow and I walked from the porch to the garden shed not too far away. The wind picked back up making me stop for a second before walking again.

I soon reached the shed and yanked the door open as the wind picked up making it hard to open the door but I soon did and lunged myself in before the door closed shut by the wind. I looked around the shed looking for something till I saw it.

A sledgehammer, the hammer part having some rust on it, but the handle looking new, and a hatchet that looked good as new, like it hasn't been used.

I walked over to the tools and picked them both up, the sledgehammer felt weightless in my hand, and the hatchet fitted perfectly in my other hand. I turned around my neck twitching to the right and started walking out in the snowstorm again and made my way inside the house snow was stuck to my clothes and hair, my feet, legs, and arms had snow on them as well. I walked slowly and quietly back down the hall and seen both of my parents were sitting in the living room.

My dad had his arm draped over mom's shoulder, they were both smiling, on the tv was a cheesy romance between two religious people who couldn't be together but didn't care, and they were both facing each other with champagne glasses in their hands.