Shooting

Gary clark was shooting at everyone in the hospital and Derek made me,mer and Cristina hide in a supply closet. I was scared out of my mind, Lexie was still out in the hospital and I knew that Gary wanted to shoot her. All I kept thinking was what if she died,I would never recover I loved her so much.
"Y/n,Lexie is going to be okay" Meredith assured.
"I can't leave her out there,I need to find her."
"If your going to be reckless at least take this pager and page 911 if something happens" Cristina handed me a pager.
"Stay safe okay" Meredith said
"I will don't worry"

I left the supply closet making as little noise as possible. I started to head towards the stairs and down to the foyer,the last place is saw her. We had made plans to go for dinner tonight so celebrate our 1 year anniversary. It was really quiet which scared me. I walked down a corridor and before I could turn the corner I heard a familiar voice.
"Gary,please don't do this it's not what your wife would want."
Lexie. It was Lexie. I slowly turned the corner so he wouldn't see me and I saw Gary holding my girlfriend at gunpoint. I could see that he was about to shoot and I walked closer towards them.
"Hi,Gary do you remember me"
"Yes you were also in the room with doctor grey when she was taking my wife off of life support"
"What are you doing" Lexie whispered.
I ignored her and carried on trying to talk Gary out of it but it wasn't working.

"Look your wife wouldn't want this, she wouldn't want you to do all this,please just let us go"
Gary sighed "I'm sorry but I can't do that" i then heard a bang and I saw Lexie fall to the floor and Gary walked away.
"No,no,no this can't be happening" I trembled.
I paged mer and Cristina 911 and within minutes they found me.
"We need to find an or and do a surgery" Cristina said.
"We have to be careful not to run into Gary so let's take her to or 2"
I picked her up and we all rushed to the or trying not to attract any unwanted attention.
"It's gonna be okay,lex your gonna be okay"
On the way we ran into Arizona and she said she would help with the surgery.

We arrived at the or and Arizona took Lexie off of me.
"You can't be in here,Y/n,you can sit up in the gallery just make sure you lock the door" Arizona said. I huffed and made my way up to the gallery. I sat in a ball on the floor so that Gary wouldn't see me and because I couldn't bare to watch the surgery.
About an hour later Meredith entered the gallery and told me that the surgery was almost over. She reassured me that everything was going to be okay.

6 hours later:
It had been a couple hours since Lexie's surgery had ended and she hadn't woke up yet. After Meredith told me the surgery was almost over Derek was shot by his office, then Richard spoke to Gary and well Gary shot himself just before the cops could get into the building. Derek is currently in recovery with Meredith and I'm just waiting for Lexie to wake up.
"Y/n,what happened" Lexie said with a raspy voice.
"You were shot,but don't worry Gary is gone now,he's dead,I'm just glad your okay"
"Happy anniversary,babe" Lexie smiled up at me.
"Happy anniversary,I love you."
"I love you too."
I climbed into bed with her and started stroking her hair and then she fell back asleep.

Authors note:hey guys I won't be updating for a while